Looking for a good GPA calculator app - read on please

gingersnapgirl

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm a full time student, and I'd really like a GPA calculator/tracker for my phone.

I recently swapped my iPhone for the Galaxy S3. On my iPhone, I had an app called FourPoint that was PERFECT. It did everything I needed. Sadly, it is not available for android.

What I need it to do: Basic GPA calculation for individual semesters, Cumulative GPA calculation, and the ability to set an individual course to not count towards my GPA (for example, if I've previously failed a course and then passed it on a second attempt, I still want the record of the original grade, but do not want the original grade to count towards my GPA, since the second attempt's grade supersedes the original). I'd also like it to be a simple, clean interface.

Am I asking for too much?

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of anything like you are looking for, but in the interim you could use a spreadsheet. You could then transfer to your PC and create graphs and reports. Unless you are a career student, what would it be for 4 years, maybe 20-30 rows?

There are also various places where you can make a request for an application... this one would be pretty easy for someone wanting to break into programming for Android. There are some developers looking for a good idea.

Actually... I just looked at the Amazon app market (I have a Kindle Fire) and there are 2 apps named GPA calculator, one for free, and one for $0.99 One of them may do what you want, if you don't mind the Amazon app store app on your device.

I may have to check the free one out, even though I am only a part time student.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I used the free GPA calculator app a few months ago. Very crude, but effective in what it does. Calculates cumulative GPA for everything you enter. No options really.

Sent from my Nexus 7

gingersnapgirl

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know of anything like you are looking for, but in the interim you could use a spreadsheet. You could then transfer to your PC and create graphs and reports. Unless you are a career student, what would it be for 4 years, maybe 20-30 rows?

There are also various places where you can make a request for an application... this one would be pretty easy for someone wanting to break into programming for Android. There are some developers looking for a good idea.

Actually... I just looked at the Amazon app market (I have a Kindle Fire) and there are 2 apps named GPA calculator, one for free, and one for $0.99 One of them may do what you want, if you don't mind the Amazon app store app on your device.

I may have to check the free one out, even though I am only a part time student.

I currently have a spreadsheet to help me, but I was hoping for an app. I've tried a few from Google Play (ok, more than a few, and the only one that did what I need it to do is in beta and keeps force closing on me as soon as I launch it...so, until that's resolved, it's rather useless)

I already have the amazon app store on my phone, so I'll check those ones out.

Edit: None of the amazon app store versions are acceptable. I got the beta app to work again, but it's not calculating the GPA accurately, so I'm back to the drawing board. Or I can stick with the spreadsheet I've been using, but it's just not as convenient. Thanks for the responses!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19