Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Squeeze Control for Android (support thread)

This is the official support thread for Squeeze Control for Android.

Squeeze Control is a remote control app for Squeezebox, available on Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.sqzctrl

Default Re: Squeeze Control for Android (support thread)

Hi, I am new to this app and happy to support. I do have a question...

How do I get pandora, etc to show up under My Apps in your app? I see them in my web control via a browser, and can play pandora, etc on my players, however, I don't see them under My Apps in the Squeeze Control app.

I am using two squeezeslave players running on windows 7 machines. No hard players. Thanks.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by gg48gg View Post
    Hi, I am new to this app and happy to support. I do have a question...

How do I get pandora, etc to show up under My Apps in your app? I see them in my web control via a browser, and can play pandora, etc on my players, however, I don't see them under My Apps in the Squeeze Control app.

I am using two squeezeslave players running on windows 7 machines. No hard players. Thanks.
    It should automatically show up in My Apps. Try restarting your server. You might also try logging in the MySqueezebox.com. Maybe you had it disabled in the My Apps settings there. Changes to the settings on MySB takes a bit of time to propagate to the local server.

Also does it show up in App Gallery?

I bought the squeeze controller for my nexus 7. It does recognize my server but refuses to connect. I tried creating a new server,... Nothing I am stuck at the login page.
    I don't have the latest squeezserver as there had Ben issues in the past with the updates on Linux. Any. Suggestions?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Binder View Post
    I bought the squeeze controller for my nexus 7. It does recognize my server but refuses to connect. I tried creating a new server,... Nothing I am stuck at the login page.
    I don't have the latest squeezserver as there had Ben issues in the past with the updates on Linux. Any. Suggestions?
    What do you mean by login screen? Are you referring to the login popup dialog or the login screen that shows up the first time you connect to mysqueezebox.com? The login dialog should only show up if you enabled security on your squeezebox server. If you do not have a mysqueezebox.com account then you need to turn off "Use MySqueezeBox" in Preferences -> Servers.

Squeeze Control should at least be able to connect to older versions of Squeezebox server back till 7.5.4. I just can't guarantee that everything works with older versions because I haven't tested it.

Ive just bought squeezecontrol and it looks like a nice app. However, I noticed that the icons from 3rd party plug-ins/apps are not shown on the main menu, i.e. Trackstat, Sugarcube, CustomBrowse. Is this something that can be changed/added/fixed?
    Last edited by Dennis Mutsaers; 06-04-2013 at 01:33 AM.

I'm using SqueezeControl with my Google Nexus 7 for quite some time already. Since the latest upgrades (tablet mode) I can't fast forward within a song anymore. When I start fast forwarding, the music stops for some miliseconds, I move the slider to another part of the song, as soon as I let the slider go the song continues where it actually has been. So no fast forwarding. On the Squeezeboxes itsself it works, so it can't be a server error.

Hi,

I'm not able to select some artists using "My Music", "Artist", "Artist Name". It just waits & waits & waits and then quits. Is this a known issue? (Selecting the same artist in i.e. Orange Squeeze does not exhibit this behaviour). I hope you can help...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Mutsaers View Post
    Hi,

I'm not able to select some artists using "My Music", "Artist", "Artist Name". It just waits & waits & waits and then quits. Is this a known issue? (Selecting the same artist in i.e. Orange Squeeze does not exhibit this behaviour). I hope you can help...
    Hi all
    I am experiancing similar problems

When I try to open certain maps or playlists the program locks and the nothing happens exept for the swirling cirkel. After that if I return backwards I am unable to open any *maps at all, the only solution I found is to close and restart the app. It's always the same maps or playlists not any random phenomen. All my music is either flac or wav files and the maps that are causing problem does not contain anything special from the ones that workAny ideas would be appreciated.

I am running squeezebox control on samsung GT-N8010 android 4.1.2
    Logitech mediacenter is on a synology DS413j
    Cheers Jocke

I've just started using this app on a Nook Color tablet. Aside from the performance issues due to the age of the Nook, the app is pretty good. I'm used to using iPeng on my iPhone so there are a few things that bug me about the UI but mostly I can get used to them. One feature I'd really like to see implemented would be some way to customize the items that appear on the Home menu. On my SqueezePlay software players, I can add and remove items, such as adding Pandora & Mog while removing Extras & App Gallery, etc. It would be great if this feature could be implemented on Squeeze Control.

With the latest release the fast forward issue I posted here has gone. Thx!

I just bought an Android tablet (Nexus 7 2013) and the app. I quite like it it.

Im a longtime iPeng user (one of my players *is* actually an ipad running ipeng) and miss the lyrics plugin support.

Also in regards to SBPlayer... USB Audio support needs to be added for bitperfect 24/96 playback. I'd rather use an Android as a player since I can connect a USB DAC to it, yet it can still charge via QI induction. The only app I know of that does is USB Audio Recorder Pro.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Woods View Post
    I just bought an Android tablet (Nexus 7 2013) and the app. I quite like it it.

Im a longtime iPeng user (one of my players *is* actually an ipad running ipeng) and miss the lyrics plugin support.

Also in regards to SBPlayer... USB Audio support needs to be added for bitperfect 24/96 playback. I'd rather use an Android as a player since I can connect a USB DAC to it, yet it can still charge via QI induction. The only app I know of that does is USB Audio Recorder Pro.
    Well bit perfect 24/96 audio is really up to Google and probably the device manufacturers. Currently there is no way of sending raw 24bit audio into the system. USB Audio Recorder Pro does it by writing a custom USB driver and bypassing the system. I don't have the resources to do something like that and doing so will probably cause other problems like not being able to react to other audio sources on the device, like pausing when a phone call comes in.

Another problem is that to support crossfading and gapless playback, all output audio has to be of the same format which means that if the output is set to 24/96 every music stream has to be resampled to 24/96 and most devices are not fast enough to do a 44.1 to 96 resample in realtime. I've tried a 44.1 to 48 resample on a Galaxy Nexus with two different resamplers (one is faster) and neither could keep up all the time. The faster one can just about do it when the app is in the foreground, but once it goes in the background or the screen turns off, it starts to stutter. (BTW, I used the slower one in SB Player for better sound quality). It might be possible if I used a resampler written in native code, but then I'll run into possible compatibility issues with future hardware changes and I'd rather not deal with that.

Thanks for the reply. As a long time iOS user, Android is a bit of an adjustment and in many ways it seems its not as polished or as featured as iOS, even if it does offer more freedom. In terms of 16/44 material (which most of my music is), will it at least bypass the Android mixer if a USB DAC is attached (replay gain and crossfade disable of course)? My main use is on a tablet with a beefier CPU as a potential Logitech Touch replacement should mine ever die.

Hi,
    I purchased SB Player and Squeeze Control for my Kobo arc tablet, running Android 4.1.1. Both apps loaded fine and SB Player finds my Logitech Media Player server (v. 7.7.3). Squeeze Control opens to a red-toned screen with controls on the upper right and across the bottom. But the middle of the screen is just blank red with the message:
    ERROR
    Network Error: invalid clientid
    This is strange, because SB Player finds my server. Also, I am able to use the Logitech Squeezebox app on the same tablet to run the radio, connecting through mysqueezebox.com. At this point the app is completely useless and does nothing. What is wrong?

Just wanted to say thanks for the update that dropped today -- lots of nice little touches added to what was already a great app.
    wayne@angrygoat likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Woods View Post
    Thanks for the reply. As a long time iOS user, Android is a bit of an adjustment and in many ways it seems its not as polished or as featured as iOS, even if it does offer more freedom. In terms of 16/44 material (which most of my music is), will it at least bypass the Android mixer if a USB DAC is attached (replay gain and crossfade disable of course)? My main use is on a tablet with a beefier CPU as a potential Logitech Touch replacement should mine ever die.
    Not sure what happens if a USB DAC is attached, I haven't gotten a chance to try it. From looking around the web, it seems that 48kHz can pass thru to a USB DAC, which seems to indicate that it would bypass the Android mixer. So 16/44 would probably work the same way.

BTW Crossfade and replay gain is applied to the audio in SB Player before sending it into the system, so even if you're using an USB DAC, they should still work. The latest version of SB Player (just released), has the option to allow you to output 48kHz audio. It would let you go higher too, but it seems that Android is limited to 48kHz right now. As a side note, I think the more recent devices actually use a DAC with native sampling rate of 48kHz, at least that is the case with the Nexus 7 (2013) and the Nexus 5.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Redmark53 View Post
    Hi,
    I purchased SB Player and Squeeze Control for my Kobo arc tablet, running Android 4.1.1. Both apps loaded fine and SB Player finds my Logitech Media Player server (v. 7.7.3). Squeeze Control opens to a red-toned screen with controls on the upper right and across the bottom. But the middle of the screen is just blank red with the message:
    ERROR
    Network Error: invalid clientid
    This is strange, because SB Player finds my server. Also, I am able to use the Logitech Squeezebox app on the same tablet to run the radio, connecting through mysqueezebox.com. At this point the app is completely useless and does nothing. What is wrong?
    Have you tried restarting the server? An "invalid clientid" error means that LMS is complaining about the id the app is sending with every command, but that id is assigned by LMS when the connection is initiated. Basically it's something that shouldn't happen unless there's a problem with the server or the network connection.

Are you using auto server discovery to connect or did you manually define a server?

SB Player connects to the server using a completely different protocol, so the fact that it connects doesn't mean much when discussing controller apps.

Hello, I was just wondering if there's a way to shuffle the current playlist. It's probably obvious, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by MongarEric View Post
    Hello, I was just wondering if there's a way to shuffle the current playlist. It's probably obvious, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
    Just tap the area with the player in the foot bar to open the player menu. From there you can set Repeat, Shuffle, Sleep, switch players, change the background for the player, and set a player as default.

Wayne,
    Sorry for the slow reply; I have been trying many things to get this to work. Yes, I tried restarting the server. Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the server. After much fiddling with various buttons, the centre screen of Squeeze Control was magically populated with content, and I was able to play both radio and MP3 music, accessing mysqueezebox.com and my local server. That lasted about ten minutes, until I pushed the wrong button and the program shut down. "Sorry the program has to close." After that, it crashed about six more times, then went back to the same message, "invalid clientid." My LMS is running on a NetGear ReadyNAS II, and I thought maybe that was the problem, so I installed LMS on my Windows 7 PC. Squeeze Player and Squeeze Control both find the server on the PC, but same message, "invalid clientid." I have run out of ideas to try. What next?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Redmark53 View Post
    Wayne,
    Sorry for the slow reply; I have been trying many things to get this to work. Yes, I tried restarting the server. Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the server. After much fiddling with various buttons, the centre screen of Squeeze Control was magically populated with content, and I was able to play both radio and MP3 music, accessing mysqueezebox.com and my local server. That lasted about ten minutes, until I pushed the wrong button and the program shut down. "Sorry the program has to close." After that, it crashed about six more times, then went back to the same message, "invalid clientid." My LMS is running on a NetGear ReadyNAS II, and I thought maybe that was the problem, so I installed LMS on my Windows 7 PC. Squeeze Player and Squeeze Control both find the server on the PC, but same message, "invalid clientid." I have run out of ideas to try. What next?
    Wow, that's really strange. Are you running the Kobo's stock OS or are you using a custom ROM? Have you tried rebooting the device? Did you mess with any developer/hidden settings on the device?

I was going to say that maybe you don't have enough RAM, but the Kobo has 1Gb, which should be just fine unless you have something running in the background eating up memory.

Just want to say nice job on the latest update. Used it for a few days and love the swipe left and right to go from now playing to playlist and back to main menu.

Thanks for a great app, which seems to include all the features other squeezebox apps don't :-) However, it would be really nice if the Keep screen on feature didn't just apply to docking or charging, but always if the app is open (ie not just running in the background). The app Squeeze Commander can do this, so it must be possible :-)
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Kaczor View Post
    Thanks for a great app, which seems to include all the features other squeezebox apps don't :-) However, it would be really nice if the Keep screen on feature didn't just apply to docking or charging, but always if the app is open (ie not just running in the background). The app Squeeze Commander can do this, so it must be possible :-)
    Just submitted an update that adds this option.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast