Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Syncing podcasts: manage deletes on mp3 player (for listened-to)

Though I luv my Galaxy S3, I don't like it for podcasts. I much prefer my tiny Sansa Clip Zip MP3 player with physical buttons.

The problem:

After I listen to a podcast on the device, and delete it on the device, it gets downloaded again the next time I sync.

I've tried Media Monkey, and winamp but can't seem to figure out the best way to manage listened podcasts.

I did set the MP3 player to act like a hard drive with an assigned drive letter, and did try sync toy to sync the two. That kinda works but something got messed up and some podcasts got considered as music - not good.

Any ideas, and sorry if this is a bit off topic.

Thanks,
    Mike
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Syncing podcasts: manage deletes on mp3 player (for listened-to)

I guess the root of my problem stems from a limitation on my sansa clip zip player.

On my ipod, it showed which podcasts were listened to, and I could easily delete them from itunes.

The tiny display doesn't have that handy circle indicator so the only way for me to deal with listened-to-podcasts is to delete it on the player, which causes all this problem.

Just on a whim, I checked in Media Monkey and in Winamp and the listened-to (play count) doesn't appear to sync back to the pc so I wouldn't be able to delete it in the pc apps.

I'm about frustrated enough to buy an ipod, excep I really LOVE physical buttons.

Any ideas on how I can solve this perplexing problem?

Thanks,
    Mike