[APP] [3.2+] Retune - iTunes Remote (Updated with v3.0.6 info)
I just released my first Android application called, Retune. It is an iTunes remote I built. Check it out and let me know what you think of it. It does require Android 3.2 or later.
* Ability to toggle playing/pause, seek in a song, skip forward and backward, set shuffle, and set repeat.
* View all iTunes songs, artists, albums, genres, and composers.
* View and play all iTunes movies, rentals, TV Shows, podcasts, and iTunes U courses.
* View playlists.
* View genius mixes.
* Ability to play music from any of the viewing categories (songs, artists, albums, genres, composers, playlists, genius mixes, and radio).
* Ability to start a genius playlist from the currently playing song.
* Ability to search for music, movies, TV Shows, podcasts, and iTunes U courses.
* Set which iTunes speakers to use and the current volume for any of those speakers.
* Tell iTunes to stream to an Apple TV.
* View album artwork.
* Notification controls.
* Built from the ground up to support both phones and tablets!
Update 12/7/2012 Retune v1.9.0:
Retune is now been updated to fully support iTunes 11! New features for Retune include:
* iTunes 11 Up Next Support. Add songs, albums, artist, genres, composers, and playlists to the Up Next list, as well as, view/remove upcoming songs.
* Lockscreen controls for Android 4.0 and later.
* Ability to select the view that is displayed upon initial connection.
* Bug fixes.
Update 12/28/2012 Retune v2.0.3:
* Updated Icon
* Audiobook support
* Ability to rate songs
* Dark theme (enable in settings)
* Ability to change iTunes volume using your device's physical volume buttons
* Widgets have now been added
* Ability to have Retune pause the currently playing song when a call is received and start playing again once the call finishes (enable in settings)
* Support for MonkeyTunes for MediaMonkey and support for AlbumPlayer TouchRemote
* Bug fixes
Update 3/16/2013 Retune v2.5.1:
* Sidebar support for improved navigation
* Shared library support
* Expanded notification support
* Clear segments of Up Next list
* Back button will now only skip back 30 seconds for videos, podcasts, classes, and audiobooks
* Improvements to the large widgets
* Option to hide ratings on Now Playing screen
* More default view options
* Jellybean Lockscreen widget support (turn off lockscreen controls when in use)
* Support for TouchRemote for Foobar2000
* UI improvements
* Bug fixes
Update 7/31/2013 Retune v2.8.5:
* Bug Fixes
* Performance improvements
* UI improvements
* Improved scrollbar accuracy and performance
* MonkeyTunes Play Queue support
* Support for iTunes visualizer
* Ability to clear up next history
* Ability to sort playlist songs (in iTunes 11) and the songs list
* Support for half star ratings
Update 11/9/2013 Retune v3.0.6:
* Bug fixes
* Performance Improvement
* Updating UI
* Volume controls are now in the large widget
* ability to lock screen on
* Support for grid views
* Support for viewing the Now playing artist/album
* WIFI for Android device to connect to iTunes.
* Computer running iTunes v10.0 or later, MonkeyTunes for MediaMonkey, AlbumPlayer TouchRemote, or TouchRemote for Foobar2000 on the same network as your Android device. Retune has not been tested with any other DACP servers which have not been listed as supported.
I'm having a problem with Retune: it is fine to play a single song but fails to play an entire playlist. When I click on play all or shuffle in the menu it says: Communication error. Failed to cue music Error code 404. Some details:
-I can play all or shuffle in the entire track list
-This doesnt work when browsing inside an album: I mean I cant use shuffle or play all on the album or press the next track button
-Same for song of the same artist
-Same with playlists
I should note the same issue arises with Remote for Itunes. I'm using windows 8.
Last edited by Jan Diriken; 11-26-2013 at 06:54 AM.
I think this is actually a defect in iTunes 11. iTunes 11 changed quite a bit on how remotes work and I have seen many issues with it. I'm currently looking into to see if there is anything I can do to work around the issues; however, I am still in the early phases of it as I just started seeing them.
As a workaround, restarting iTunes normally fixes the issue. Try that out and let me know if that works out for you.
I found the issue: except for those songs that were added during the last month (and were saved on my internal HDD) the checkmark in iTunes had been removed (prolly because the drive letter of my external drive had changed from E to F so those songs could not be found by iTunes. After rechecking them all (and losing play count) it works perfectly!