Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Default Re: Gapless playback of music from Google Play

And the answer is no. Still need to turn on the equalizer for music to play gaplessly.

Posted via Android Central App
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

So any of you who are still complaining about this bug in version 5.4.1409N, there's a "send feedback" link right in the settings that let's you send Google and email about the app. I already sent and told them the gapless bug is still there (unless you turn on the equalizer). I urge everyone to send in reports complaining, maybe they'll get around to fixing it if enough people complain.

Not sure if I'm just missing something or what, but even with the Equalizer on I'm still not getting gapless playback. It's less of a gap, but it's still there. I'm using a Galaxy S3... are there other settings I should be turning on/off? Anything with the cache?

Thanks for your help... I would hate to switch to Spotify.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermave View Post
    Not sure if I'm just missing something or what, but even with the Equalizer on I'm still not getting gapless playback. It's less of a gap, but it's still there. I'm using a Galaxy S3... are there other settings I should be turning on/off? Anything with the cache?

Thanks for your help... I would hate to switch to Spotify.
    I have these two options checked:

Gapless playback of music from Google Play-1h9ewml.png

I'm not sure how it works/doesn't work on the S3. I know people have been reporting different behavior with different phones. I'm using a Nexus 5 and with those settings turned on (and the equaliser on) I can get gapless playback. Hope this helps.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Since i'm the keeper of this thread and it's biggest fan, just a short message to say I received a small Google Play Music update today, v5.4.1413N this version now fixes gapless playback without having to use the equalizer. Tested it on Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon", the Who's "Quadrophenia" and Tool's Lateralus (2 songs of Parabol and Parabola that play gaplessly). All is well, for now.
    Thanked by:

Sadly this update did not fix this problem for me and Google doesn't even return email responses. Horrible customer service. I am going to have to cancel them and go with Spotify or someone else. They are leaving me no choice here.

If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    Sadly this update did not fix this problem for me and Google doesn't even return email responses. Horrible customer service. I am going to have to cancel them and go with Spotify or someone else. They are leaving me no choice here.

What phone do you have? Forgot to mention I'm on a Nexus 5, I know different phones behave differently with this app.

I have the HTC ONE M7 and have been trying to gain gapless playback through the Google music app for months. I fell onto this thread and turned off beats audio and installed the app 'equaliser' and I had the option of equaliser shown in Google music. The gap has reduced but still present. I heard that if I was on the Google edition Rom I would have gapless but I'm not sure, if Nexus owners are also having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    What phone do you have? Forgot to mention I'm on a Nexus 5, I know different phones behave differently with this app.

Moto X. And that right there shows the problem with however Google is doing things. Spotify doesn't have this issue. It works on my phone right. So why shouldn't Google Music too? If they can't make their own product work with their own OS, while other companies can, that's pretty incompetent.

This infuriating problem is still not fixed for my Nexus 4 running 4.4.2. I don't know about earlier versions. I sent GPM feedback but of course haven't gotten any response.

Can anyone link me to an equaliser app that works for this issue? (preferably for the HTC One.) There are so many on the Play Store and I've come across a number that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by deepysea View Post
    This infuriating problem is still not fixed for my Nexus 4 running 4.4.2. I don't know about earlier versions. I sent GPM feedback but of course haven't gotten any response.
    They promised me a response in 48 hours and it's been 12 days. Worst service ever. Google is horrible in this regard and I do not understand why. Someone needs to be fired. They need better tech support management.

If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!

I've had this issue for ages with my HTC One (M7) - don't know how I missed this thread in my searches.

I believe the fact that all audio on the M7 is routed through the Beats Equaliser is what is breaking the gapless playback (as it'll be bypassing the stock Android audio API that allows for gapless playback). That's my theory anyway, as it does seem to work fine on the Google Play Edition version of the M7 (which doesn't have Beats software equaliser). There's no way of activating the Android stock equaliser on the M7 that I can see either.

No way I'm rooting it though and missing out on all the nice HTC rom touches.

I've reported it multiples times within the app but I'm not sure who's problem it is to fix - Google or HTC...

I just had to give props to your choice of albums there. You obviously know what's up. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    Since i'm the keeper of this thread and it's biggest fan, just a short message to say I received a small Google Play Music update today, v5.4.1413N this version now fixes gapless playback without having to use the equalizer. Tested it on Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon", the Who's "Quadrophenia" and Tool's Lateralus (2 songs of Parabol and Parabola that play gaplessly). All is well, for now.
    Nicee

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Belcher View Post
    I've had this issue for ages with my HTC One (M7) - don't know how I missed this thread in my searches.

I believe the fact that all audio on the M7 is routed through the Beats Equaliser is what is breaking the gapless playback (as it'll be bypassing the stock Android audio API that allows for gapless playback). That's my theory anyway, as it does seem to work fine on the Google Play Edition version of the M7 (which doesn't have Beats software equaliser). There's no way of activating the Android stock equaliser on the M7 that I can see either.

No way I'm rooting it though and missing out on all the nice HTC rom touches.

I've reported it multiples times within the app but I'm not sure who's problem it is to fix - Google or HTC...
    I'm seriously considering ditching sense. Even though I love blink feed and zoe, I'm pretty sure I'll find something third party that does the trick. What I can't find is something that works completely with my google music and I use my phone mostly as a personal music player more than anything. This is a joke , the so called boom box that can't play music gaplessly. HTC or google fix this. Why does Poweramp play gaplessly and google music cannot on my HTC One.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cruisen View Post
    I'm seriously considering ditching sense. Even though I love blink feed and zoe, I'm pretty sure I'll find something third party that does the trick. What I can't find is something that works completely with my google music and I use my phone mostly as a personal music player more than anything. This is a joke , the so called boom box that can't play music gaplessly. HTC or google fix this. Why does Poweramp play gaplessly and google music cannot on my HTC One.
    I know it's frustrating. I don't even know the proper channel to raise bugs with Google. Seems like it works on Nexus devices but is flaky on others.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12