Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    cinek's Avatar

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

    Default AVG Antivirus free?

    any1 using this app? is it any good? does it drain the battery, slow the phone down or anything like that?
  2. #2  
    nexusisneecesary's Avatar

    Posts
    4,138 Posts
    ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

    Default Re: AVG Antivirus free?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinek View Post
    any1 using this app? is it any good? does it drain the battery, slow the phone down or anything like that?
    i used it for a while on my xperia play didn't notice anything like that
    Thanked by:
    cinek 
  3. #3  

    Default Re: AVG Antivirus free?

    I used avg but didn't like it for my phone so I installed avast. It works great for my computer as well as my phone :thumbup:

    Sent from my LG-LS670 oh hush
  4. #4  

    Default Re: AVG Antivirus free?

    I used it for a while and it did drain my battery more than Lookout. Othter than that I liked it.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: AVG Antivirus free?

    +1 For Avast

    Quote Originally Posted by gingerc76 View Post
    I used avg but didn't like it for my phone so I installed avast. It works great for my computer as well as my phone :thumbup:

    Sent from my LG-LS670 oh hush
  6. #6  

    Default Re: AVG Antivirus free?

    I use AVG Antivirus from long time never had any problem and it's working fine...
  7. #7  
    FuzzyB's Avatar

    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    988 Global Posts

    Default Re: AVG Antivirus free?

    Help a new user out here. I am a long time bb user who just made the jump to droid (S3). How prone are these devices to viruses? Is it advisable to install an anti virus app? Can someone help a brother out?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: AVG Antivirus free?

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Help a new user out here. I am a long time bb user who just made the jump to droid (S3). How prone are these devices to viruses? Is it advisable to install an anti virus app? Can someone help a brother out?
    Not very prone to viruses in my experiences. I use AVG to protect my phone in real time and it scans every app as they're being downloaded for malicious software or viruses. U can even set the option to scan text messages for malicious links or people trying to send viruses through texts. I use it all the time. You should be good if you come over to the GS3

    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.

Similar Threads

  1. FEEDBACK Zoner Antivirus Free
    By sandraa2 in forum Beta Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 12:08 PM
  2. Lookout security & AVG AntiVirus
    By drummerman2008 in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2011, 07:11 AM
  3. Lookout or Antivirus Free (not AVG)
    By DroidyMcDroid in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
  4. Antivirus Free Surprise - Causes Issues
    By z32589 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 07:02 PM
  5. Antivirus free v1.6.7 FIXED
    By pbrennan42 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 09:30 AM

Posting Permissions