1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Google Drive - No Download Files???

How come on the Google Drive app you can't just download a file locally to your phone or tablet? They have the check-box for making something available offline but that does not put the file anywhere on the device where you can find it with other apps or folder browsers...

Unless I am missing something. Anyone know?

Default Re: Google Drive - No Download Files???

Trying to check it out hope the solution would be found soon.

I am afraid Google doesn't let you to download your files on your Android device. You might want to give dropbox a try!

Quote Originally Posted by mgiusto View Post
    How come on the Google Drive app you can't just download a file locally to your phone or tablet? They have the check-box for making something available offline but that does not put the file anywhere on the device where you can find it with other apps or folder browsers...

Unless I am missing something. Anyone know?
    Sorry I don't know but I do use Google Drive as well to upload to access it via PC or web.

I am using DropBox (free as well) and can access all my files in the DropBox folder easily.

You can try DropBox (see my sig), it might workout better for you since Google has been slow
    updating & fixing their own APP issues....

Hope that may help

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX