Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Snapchat Push notifications on the S3 after 4.1

Okay guys. I am the new owner of a galaxy s3. Going from the optimus s was a fantastic change. I am having a simple problem though that I can not seem to find anywhere else. After upgrading to jellybean on my s3, I no longer receive push notifications in my notifications bar when someone snaps me. I know its a minor problem but I have a lot of people snapping me so it gets annoying having to go into the app and constantly refreshing it. If anyone could help me out, that would greatly be appreciated.

Default Re: Snapchat Push notifications on the S3 after 4.1

Bump, I have the same issues! Very annoying

Bump!

Struggling with the same on my HTC One X after updating to 4.1.
    Anyone found solution?

When i first downloaded snapchat on my HTC Incredible, the app worked like a charm. When i got a snap i immediately got a notification and my notification light would flash. After about a week, my phone died due to dead battery and when i turned my phone on i found that i no longer received notifications from snapchat. So i constantly had to open and refresh the app to see if i even got a snap. I looked it up on the internet and found people with the same problems, but their solutions to download yet more apps wouldnt work for me. I then accidentally turned on background data one day, and out of nowhere, the notifications appeared! i dont know if this works with anyother phones, but its worth a shot. I hope this may have helped you find a solution to your android problems.

Angry Re: Snapchat Push notifications on the S3 after 4.1

I'm having the same problem! It's so irritating. It's not just snapchat, but everything else other than my gmail. Does anyone know how to fix it? I've turned push notifications on and off, restarted my phone and everything. Still nothing!