Trying to make a full iPod to Android conversion, apps/methods needed

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to make my android device my all-in-one device. I already have most of my music synced with play music, buy I really love iTunes's implementation of podcast syncing. What is the best/most efficient way android has to offer for syncing podcasts to either play music or to the phone itself?

Syncing with iTunes would be preferable (similar to the way play music up loader syncs with iTunes), but if a better method exists I'll try it. Thanks a lot guys!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Jeff Main

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I too have been looking for an ipod experience in both music and "video" podcasts. Unfortunately, I have not found such a solution. I've found the iSyncr works best to sync my device to itunes, and use the iSyncr developers Rocket music player and another player called PlayerPro as my preferred music software. I'm currently using DoggCatcher for my video podcast player. It downloads podcasts directly via my home wi-fi connection, so I don't need to relly on itunes for my podcast collection any longer, therefore I don't need to sync multiple times daily to be up to date.

Both Rocket and PlayerPro handle audio podcasts directly, although as mine are all video podcasts, I can't verify how well they work.

I am still looking for the all in one software solution however, that also allows me to sync my song ratings back to itunes for playlist creation, while allowing video playback.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I too have been looking for an ipod experience in both music and "video" podcasts. Unfortunately, I have not found such a solution. I've found the iSyncr works best to sync my device to itunes

I looked at the isyncr app. Why isn't that the solution you're looking for? Looking at the description it seems to sync music and podcasts. Does it fail something in either department?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I bought the full PC version, and it works just as I needed it! I have all the podcasts I want to listen to. I do have one question though: I currently have my music on Google Music, and listen to it via streaming, however, I just got a 32GB card, so I can now just dump it all on there. I still like the Google Music app though, so my question is, if I synced my iTunes music via iSyncr to my SD card, can I still use the Google Music player to listen to it? After syncing my podcasts, they do show up on my Google Music app, so I'm leaning towards yes. I just want to confirm that someone has done this before syncing 22GB of music.

mike9186

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just went through this myself and I am really liking Pocket Casts. It is the only app I could find that shows which podcasts you've listened too and how much time is left on the ones that are unfinished. Ths is important to me since I usually have 60-80 podcasts. Also the UI is good.

Very much worth the money for me

Jeff Main

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I missed this so long ago.

My issue is not being able to play my video podcasts with Rocket Player. I have since gone to using pocket cast, although I would still prefer to have a single audio/video app to mimic the functionality that the ipod had with both music and video playback.