Best Launcher for someone from WebOS?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have a friend who is still on WebOS and is switching to Android but they want to find a launcher that has a UI similar to webOS. Any recommendations?

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend who is still on WebOS and is switching to Android but they want to find a launcher that has a UI similar to webOS. Any recommendations?

In what respect? If you're referring to switching apps via cards, the stock multitask mechanism in ICS/JB is quite similar to webOS (and better IMO).

If you're referring to the webOS app chooser, it's simply rows of icons, so any launcher will do.

The only webOS type thing I can think of is Wave Launcher which allows you to bring up a webOS-like wave for quick-launching apps, shortcuts, etc. However it's not really a launcher like you were asking for.

andresmmm

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
In what respect? If you're referring to switching apps via cards, the stock multitask mechanism in ICS/JB is quite similar to webOS (and better IMO).

which one would be that? the one were you need to push a button to get a list of the open apps? is there a different one that I'm missing? It's far away from the WebOS one.

I'm still adjusting to android on my phone...

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
which one would be that? the one were you need to push a button to get a list of the open apps? is there a different one that I'm missing? It's far away from the WebOS one.

I'm still adjusting to android on my phone...

Pushing a button is really that much harder than swiping up in a gesture area?

In stock ICS and JB, you have access to "cards" where you can tap a card to jump to the app, or swipe it away to close it. What makes the ICS/JB implementation better IMO is you have access to more apps on screen at once. With webOS, you have to swipe a lot more to view all your open apps/cards. With ICS/JB, you can flick once to quickly scroll through your recent apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674