"Friendcaster Received an Invalid Response" Over & Over: What's Going On?

larrytxeast

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Since yesterday, on both my tablet (AGPtek TP10AYA) and phone (Kyocera Rise on Virgin Mobile), both ICS models, Friendcaster repeatedly keeps giving me the "friendcaster received an invalid response" error message. At one point, it would boink when I'd try & post a status update or comment on a post. Now, it's doing it permanently with EVERYTHING, to where essentially nothing will work. I've even uninstalled & reinstalled and restarted, and it STILL does this.

What in the world is going on? Is it time to ditch this thing & start using Seesmic, Fast for Facebook, or update the official app? And maybe it's time Onelouder Apps go out of business and do something they're actually half-way COMPETENT at, like selling hot dogs from a vendor stand? I mean man, this is just ridiculous.

LRH

dbell525

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
They're support says its an issue with the Facebook API and should clear up on its own. No real help. I did DL the new FB app. I can't get past the fact that it always opens the news feed at the top and not where you left off. One of the best features of FC.

skydrumz

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
The error persists even after the most recent update. I am guessing it's just FB's version of a generic/bad URL web server response. Solution: better ISPs that don't garble data when connections are weak. Or abandon hope of using ANY FB mobile anything.

skydrumz

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
If mobile apps didn't include a ton of impertinent metadata in every "click," like &devtype=android&so forth, the odds against server confusion would improve.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88