Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Default Huge Launcher Pro Update

so a new update to launcherpro was announced today; actually, its a separate app. launcherpro plus is apparently going to be adding all kinds of exclusive new features, like a ton of widgets inspired by all of the sense UI specific widgets. i havent gotten to play with it yet, but it looks like it could be pretty awesome. he is doing an early bird special for $2.99, and he says the price will likely go up later, so get in now if you are a launcherpro user. its not available through the market; you can get the paypal/download link
    Thanked by 2:

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely purchasing now

Just bought. It's pretty great. Worth the $3, so I'd snatch it up before it goes up in price.

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

Awesome improvements. The people widget is beautiful. I cant wait for the messages and calendar/agenda widget to be added!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

the only thing that concerns me is being able to get updates. how will this be guaranteed since its not in the market? i am def considering it but not sure. right now im still liking adw launcher but maybe its time to change it up again
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBeans Build 5

can anyone tell me what the easiest way to change the dock icons is for Launcher pro, because it doesn't work with bettercut and doing it through LP only reads on the gallery through pictures not through the icon packs...this is very annoying as ADW does it very simply by dragging any icon from the home to the dock.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does this play nice with Sense? I have an EVO and like Sense, but this does most of what Sense already does. (or soon will) I've been looking for an alternative to the Sense widgets and this would fit the bill if they can co exist nicely.

Yea this is a very cool update. I like scrollable widgets. A scrollable pure calendar widget will be sweet. Also would be cool if we could get a bookmarks widget like the sense one.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

Great app! Support him, he stays on top of his app. He fixes every problem FAST. Everyone that uses the free version will like the paid.
    My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    the only thing that concerns me is being able to get updates. how will this be guaranteed since its not in the market? i am def considering it but not sure. right now im still liking adw launcher but maybe its time to change it up again
    bumping this question. I'm curious too.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

He says that you'll be able to upgrade through the market. Check the homepage and read the comments. One person has already asked him and it's posted there.

I love the beta, been using it for several weeks now. Would love to buy this new Plus version, but why isn't it in market?! That's a huge blow to all the current fans. If its not available to buy in the market, I consider it not available. Kind of ashame. From what I've read it's Google's fault the developer can't sell it in the market?

So why Google? Anyone know why the #1 open source people are restricting this app?

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBeans Build 5

they arent' restricting the app, it's just his location doesn't have the market setup quite yet it seems.

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

I bought it - I have no problems sideloading apps on my phone
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

I personally do not like the fact that he is atleast not letting people try out the widgets before buying. Give a 30 day trial or let all the existing customers have the upgrade for free and then start charging for new installs? I hate buying apps without having the ability to try them out. the refund before 24 hours doesn't always apply either and since this one isn't on the market yet, it definitely doesn't apply in this case.

Why in the world does the "launcher pro widget" have to go on the main menu, stick in the add widgets menu where it belongs. I don't want to see that everytime I long press on my screen to make changes. I've already commented on his forum board about it.

2.99 for a launcher is ridiculous, and then a future price increase of 4.99!!! no launcher is worth that much, hell most apps on the market aren't worth that much. .99 or maybe a 1.99 at the most. I love Launcher Pro, and I don't berate him for wanting to make some money, but those prices are too high for a launcher in my opinion. 3 bucks is 3 bucks, 5 bucks is 5 bucks.

Sorry but this one just doesn't sit well with me at this point in time...
    Last edited by Chillout80s; 07-20-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    Moto. Droid
    Rooted - Liquid Gingerbread 1.2
    ADW Launcher

Droid FTW!

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chillout80s View Post
    I personally do not like the fact that he is atleast not letting people try out the widgets before buying. Give a 30 day trial or let all the existing customers have the upgrade for free and then start charging for new installs?

Why in the world does the "launcher pro widget" have to go on the main menu, stick in the add widgets menu where it belongs. I don't want to see that everytime I long press on my screen to make changes. I've already commented on his forum board about it.

2.99 for a launcher is ridiculous, and then a future price increase of 4.99!!! no launcher is worth that much, hell most apps on the market aren't worth that much. .99 or maybe a 1.99 at the most.

Sorry but this one just doesn't sit well with me...
    i agree. i mean the launcher is nice and gives a different feel to the phone. but idc what anyone says the numbers dont lie, Sense is BETTER than any launcher. but paying 3 dollars is ridiculous...i guess ill switch to ADW.
    Banned

I disagree.

I think Fede's work has been phenomenal, and continues to be.

I don't mind putting a few pennies in his pocket.

Every time there's a new update from him, it's like getting a new phone.

I'm happy to support someone who's work is just consistently fantastic.

Well done Fede.

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

I paid my $2.99 and was happy to do so. My only concern is not knowing when updates are available since it doesn't come from the market or any of the non-Google markets. It was also a bit of a drag that I had to install a third party browser to download it because of the security settings and their incompatibility with the stock Android browser. Still, I'm quite pleased with the work Fede has done with Launcher Pro and am looking forward to the new widgets Plus will offer.

-SR-
    Banned

I've subscribed to a feed from his website and am hoping that will be a good way of being alerted to new updates.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dodgylegs View Post
    I've subscribed to a feed from his website and am hoping that will be a good way of being alerted to new updates.
    thats a good way to do it. was RSS feed via the stock browser?

I dont really need the widgets LPPlus offers because i dont use them so ill settle for the latest free version, it's the same thing.

I paid no question as I have been playing with this launcher for a few weeks and I prefer it to Sense. The Sense style widgets are not a huge deal to me although I have enjoyed the better flexibility of the Pure Widgets over the Sense ones (which admittedly look nice but lack some function). There will continue to be a free version for those saying they will jump ship due to this, and Pure Widgets scroll on it no problem. Personally I like to reward developers when they create something I find useful so I have, whether I use the extra functions the developer adds or not.

For me, the flexible dock bar alone is worth the cover charge and I hope that Google pay attention for The Gingerbread release ... it transforms the UI experience.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

hmm well i dont even have froyo so i am not going to worry about it. but for now i am gonna settle for LP

I have downloaded ADW and it's good, I love the feature of removing the app drawer background and the slide app drawer as well. Overall I like it a lot and it seems to work well on my rooted droid, the only thing I like more about LP is the slide dock bar, that is excellent. Right now Im hopping back and forth between the 2 but at this point there's no way I can justify 2.99 for a launcher, let alone 4.99..I don't care how good it is.
    Moto. Droid
    Rooted - Liquid Gingerbread 1.2
    ADW Launcher

Droid FTW!

hmm well i dont even have froyo so i am not going to worry about it. but for now i am gonna settle for LP
    Me too.
    Last edited by eyesparky; 07-20-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillout80s View Post
    I have downloaded ADW and it's good, I love the feature of removing the app drawer background and the slide app drawer as well. Overall I like it a lot and it seems to work well on my rooted droid, the only thing I like more about LP is the slide dock bar, that is excellent. Right now Im hopping back and forth between the 2 but at this point there's no way I can justify 2.99 for a launcher..I don't care how good it is.
    You don't have to, Launcher Pro is still free. Launcher Pro Plus is $2.99 ... personally I like to support developers because they will be more likely to keep producing quality apps. Agree about the dock bar, it is my favourite feature on my phone now.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast