| || |
Which DLNA upnp client for my phone?
I've recently gotten in to the DLNA concept, in particular by converting my PC in to a media server using Serviio software. So far, I like the server side of things; Serviio works well and doesn't bog my machine down.
Where I'm struggling is on the client side of things. My phone is a Droid Razr Maxx and I'm soon to have a Nexus 10 at Christmas.
There are so many DNLA client apps, but I find that they're all lacking in some way. Most do internal rendering of pictures and playing of music, but most also seem to do this sloppy - no ability to zoom pics, no share button to share easily, loss of control of the music player, etc.
I'm looking for a real clean DLNA/upnp client, even if I have to pay a few bucks for it, that can do the following:
- Preferably pass content (pictures, music, video) to an external player of my choice. If this isn't possible, then at least...
- Support for all three formats: pictures, music, and video. Some clients treat pictures like music.
- Zoom pictures.
- Landscape mode for pictures.
- Treat a photo album like an album and allow you to swipe from one photo to the next (rather than just clicking on each picture link individually).
- Share button to allow sharing pictures on Facebook, email, text, etc.
- Maybe something that will also let me access my media server over 3G/4G eventually (via Serviio) - not critical for me right now.
Any thoughts out there? I've tried bubbleupnp, upnplay, arkmc, skifta, and they all seem to have limitations.
If I can get this working, I'd love to get more in to video and tie in more devices to the system.