Any DejaOffice Users Here?

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
After using Palm Treos and BlackBerrys for quite a few years I got an Evo about a week ago. I like it quite a bit but am struggling with the PIM apps and came across DejaOffice while searching. Any DejaOffice users here? Just wondering if it is stable.
Thanks.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Giving it a quick try and found it has no recurring appointments or tasks...won't work for me. I am hoping Pimlical will be ported to Android soon.

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
What are pim apps?

*This was posted from my Evo 4G using Tapatalkpro! Great app, if you want to browse and post through many dfferent forums*

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Got it. Now i know what that is msybe i can help. Are you looking for a all in one software or a seperate software for each task?

*This was posted from my Evo 4G using Tapatalkpro! Great app, if you want to browse and post through many dfferent forums*

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
As a former Palm OS user, too, I'm appalled at just how badly every other vendor has missed the mark on PIM, including the new Palm's Pre. My recommendations for calendar are to check out Jorte Calendar Widget and iRT Calendar. Neither are the equal of something like Datebk on P-OS, but they're both better than the stock app. I actually use both: iRT for calendar view, and I have iRT configured to go to Jorte when adding an event. Many like the Pure Calendar widget. I played with it only briefly, so maybe I missed functionality, but it didn't do it for me.

iRT is planning a new "Pro" release later this summer which sounds like it'll meet my calendaring needs, and Pimlico is supposed to be porting Pimical to Android, so I'm hoping the calendar issue will be solved soon.

I'm not a heavy user of tasks, so won't try to give advice there, but this one looks like it has promise: http://forum.androidcentral.com/and...6-taskit-new-todo-project-management-app.html

Good luck.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
As a former Palm OS user, too, I'm appalled at just how badly every other vendor has missed the mark on PIM, including the new Palm's Pre. My recommendations for calendar are to check out Jorte Calendar Widget and iRT Calendar. Neither are the equal of something like Datebk on P-OS, but they're both better than the stock app. I actually use both: iRT for calendar view, and I have iRT configured to go to Jorte when adding an event. Many like the Pure Calendar widget. I played with it only briefly, so maybe I missed functionality, but it didn't do it for me.

iRT is planning a new "Pro" release later this summer which sounds like it'll meet my calendaring needs, and Pimlico is supposed to be porting Pimical to Android, so I'm hoping the calendar issue will be solved soon.

I'm not a heavy user of tasks, so won't try to give advice there, but this one looks like it has promise: http://forum.androidcentral.com/and...6-taskit-new-todo-project-management-app.html

Good luck.

Thanks...I'll check out Jorte and iRT. There are so many apps in the market that it is a big help to have recommendations. TaskIt looks interesting...I'll download tonight when I get home.

I've been a Pimlical user for about a year and a half and can't wait for it to be available for Android.

marty.brown

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just started using DejaOffice and CompanionLinkUSB a couple of days ago. Previously, I had dozens (maybe hundreds) of duplicate contacts between Outlook and Google contacts and despite many attempts to get rid of them, nothing worked. I would delete the duplicates in Outlook, link the duplicates in Google Contacts and they'd all just reappear.

As soon as I tried CompanionLink with DejaOffice, I had nearly instant relief.. the duplicates were reduced to a dozen or so and I manually fixed those.

I also like the way DejaOffice displays the calendar items clearly (much better than the calendar function on my Droid Incredible) and it DOES handle Outlook tasks and notes. $40 may seem like a lot of dough, considering the typical cost of apps, but it's not that much for a PC app, which CompanionLink is.

Stable? Not entirely. CompanionLink seems stable, but DejaOffice occasionally has a hiccup and closes, but I've never lost any data or changes I was making.

doctajay

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I use Roadsync for my exchange mail, tasks, and calendar. For my non work tasks I used Astrid is just freakin amazing

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hey its Stan

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Companionlink for about five months and absolutely dread each time I have to do a sync. NOT ONCE DID IT GO SMOOTHLY. Got a broadcast e-mail from them yesterday claiming that the new software was ready to go with better functionality and even sported a new name, now called Companionlink for Outlook. I really really wanted this software to work since Google and Microsoft didn't want to play nice with each other and purposely left out a good way to sync with Outlook.

What I got instead with Companionlink was the most unreliable, temperamental, unpredictable piece of software known to man. Want error messages? No problem. Want software and phone crashes? Got it. How about multiple battery pulls? Yup got plenty for you. The only thing you won't get is what you wanted in the first place, an easy way to sync Outlook with your Droid.

I love the Droid X which is so much better than the Blackberry that I used to have. But I must say sync'ing with the BB took all of 60 seconds and I have literally spent hours and hours of my time trying to do the same thing with CL and still can't get it right.

Tech support tries hard but can't seem to come up with the answers. When I described to them today about the error messages which were telling me to connect the USB cable that was ALREADY connected they sounded surprised to hear it. And yet a quick google search revealed others with the same issue.

My persistence is as strong as anyones but the surrender towel is about to be thrown in the ring.

runbikeswimfly

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
How to make DejaOffice run faster???

Can't speak to Outlook users, but using the Droid X and DejaOffice 1.8.3 and CompanionLink 4.0 for Palm I've had no problems syncing.

However, the problem that I have had is that DejaOffice has been really painfully slow on the Droid X. Other apps seem to run fine and the phone is only 2 months old, so I don't think it's the phone. But opening DejaOffice or switching from calendar to tasks or opening a contact or a calendar entry, just for example, is REALLY slow, especially when you compare it to the native Google calendar or contact app. Plus, if I'm going to use the app to find a contact and then call him/her, it's 6 separate taps on the screen before the phone is dialing which is 3 more than using the native Google contacts app, thus adding to the pain. Any ideas?

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
DejaOffice works fine for me. I sync my Vibrant with Outlook (cal, contacts, tasks, etc) daily without any issues. Keep in mind that I do NOT sync with Google, only Outlook, so duplication isn't an issue.
However, Blackberry syncing is much-much better all around. It behooves me that the Android gurus haven't figure out how to make syncing (other than Google) sane and simple. What gives?

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
My main complaint is that I do use it to sync with Outlook and with the Droid X I am getting duplicate entries in my address book. Deja says that this is a known problem but I would like to know when the fix will come?

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
My main complaint is that I do use it to sync with Outlook and with the Droid X I am getting duplicate entries in my address book. Deja says that this is a known problem but I would like to know when the fix will come?

If you link entries they'll appear as one.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I played with it for a bit and it was OK. Then I ran into a problem where the app would not sync with my Outlook contacts, which had been updated. Trying to get assistance before my trial ran out was like trying to find an honest man. So for me this product failed to do what it was promised to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463