1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Urgent Android Help

I'm having trouble with my newly bought Galaxy S3. It has to do with downloading applications. When I download apps from the marketplace I have no trouble. The problem is when I attempt to download and install third party applications. I have the box ticked where you can download third party apps, that's not the problem. The problem is when I download the app and click on it to install it, the installation button did absolutely nothing. It makes no motion our vibration, it's as if nothing had ever happened. I did try unchecking the box and restarting my phone, neither of those things work. Any help would be grateful. I am not rooted. Thanks, Aaron.

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: Urgent Android Help

Did you go into Settings/Security/Device Administration and check off "Unknown Sources"?

Default Re: Urgent Android Help

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronandroid View Post
    I'm having trouble with my newly bought Galaxy S3. It has to do with downloading applications. When I download apps from the marketplace I have no trouble. The problem is when I attempt to download and install third party applications. I have the box ticked where you can download third party apps, that's not the problem. The problem is when I download the app and click on it to install it, the installation button did absolutely nothing. It makes no motion our vibration, it's as if nothing had ever happened. I did try unchecking the box and restarting my phone, neither of those things work. Any help would be grateful. I am not rooted. Thanks, Aaron.
    Are you using Screen Filter or any app that lowers the screen brightness lower than system default? Turn it off and things should work fine.