1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Guitar Tuner?

I tried a few but they were a full tone off from the laptop tuner. which I assume was accurate. Recommendations anyone?

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

gstrings is a PHENOMENAL tuning app for just about any instrument. I find it to be dead on every time and liked it so much, I paid for gstrings+ for the additional processing power and a few other tidbits. Not sure how to post qr codes or market links, but it's gStrings by cohortor.org. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferman07 View Post
    gstrings is a PHENOMENAL tuning app for just about any instrument. I find it to be dead on every time and liked it so much, I paid for gstrings+ for the additional processing power and a few other tidbits. Not sure how to post qr codes or market links, but it's gStrings by cohortor.org. Enjoy!

Free version:

Paid version:

To create a QR code for the forums from a PC;
    --Just go to the app on AppBrain.com and click on the (QR, more) link.
    --Then right click on the QR image and select "Copy Image Location."
    --Then here in the forums while editing your message click the icon above the editor that looks like a yellow square with a mountain in it (Insert image) and paste that URL into the box.

That is all there is to it! ii
    Last edited by Paladin; 07-21-2010 at 03:26 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Ferman07 View Post
    gstrings is a PHENOMENAL tuning app for just about any instrument. I find it to be dead on every time and liked it so much, I paid for gstrings+ for the additional processing power and a few other tidbits.
    I love gstrings+ just as accurate as my korg, and I always have it with me, so when I pick up a guitar anywhere that puppy is going to be in tune.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Thanks for the tips, Paladin!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Do you guys have the DX? The gstrings is not in tune with mine. It's about a whole tone off. Any suggestions---since starting this thread I've done the update and reloaded gstrings. Still off.

Quote Originally Posted by xfan View Post
    Do you guys have the DX? The gstrings is not in tune with mine. It's about a whole tone off. Any suggestions---since starting this thread I've done the update and reloaded gstrings. Still off.
    I have a Droid X and tried gstrings with my guitar and it worked fine.
    Moto X (Olive Green, Black front, Orange accents (Dec. 2013)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Dec. 2011) - Droid X (July 2010) - Blackberry Tour 9630 (July 2009) - Dumbphones (pre-July 2009)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Default Correction to my prior post

Sorry if I led anyone astray. It's my laptop that seems to be out of tune. Gstrings tunes exactly to the piano. Thanks to gstrings and to the people who posted on this.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Hey xfan, glad you got it up and running! Have fun!

Default Re: Best Guitar Tuner?

gStrings is sweet, and is one of the first free tuners on Android Market, with an excellent rating.

Another free one is DaTuner Lite, an ad-free chromatic tuner that works well with guitar, even disconnected electrics!

The pro version was reviewed here on AndroidCentral:

http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...er-datuner-pro
    Last edited by cfog88; 03-29-2012 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Added android central review link

I feel like the best Bass Guitar Tuner is off brand but it works well. It uses the same exact Tuning algorithm as gStrings, plus it also gives you every single chord and tab you need when playing Bass Guitar. Lastly it looks like they included a metronome with 8-bit Nintendo graphics. It was made by a medical school student, but I believe it is the best on the market.

Bass Guitar Tuner N Chordz

Check this one out: