Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play Music Web Client Album Art Issues

Hi All,

I love using google play music (It has become my primary way of organizing music after I jumped ship from windows media player) and everything about it (from the 5 star rating options to the way it syncs my playlists and data) has been stellar in my experience with it till a few days ago. Many times I've uploaded songs that weren't tagged properly, so they would always show up in my library with no or incorrect album art and metadata. Now that's been ok since I've been able to change the Album art and metadata manually up to this point. Now, every time I try and replace album art, it fails to upload my selected album art from my desktop. Anyone else experiencing this problem and/or have a fix for it? I'm kind of a neat freak when it comes to having my music tagged properly with correct album art. Thanks for reading and hope the community can give me a helping hand on this one.

Default Re: Google Play Music Web Client Album Art Issues

Wow, your question is a carbon copy of the exact thing I wanted to ask!!!

I am having the exact same problem. I used to be able to change the album art manually and now I can't. Clicking to change the image in the edit option does nothing at all.

Hopefully this is just a bug that Google will fix shortly...unless someone knows a work around in the meantime
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Bump? Anyone know if google has acknowledged the problem or if its isolated to a select few users?

I had a huge problem with loading songs and NONE of them getting done correctly. I loaded hundreds of songs and would end up with a giant "unknown" album that wouldn't play any songs.

Suddenly starting last night its worked like a charm re-uploading the same music on the same computer so idk.

Exactly the same issue for me, too. Can't delete the art already linked and cannot upload a new image either.

I called Google about it on Saturday (19th) and they acknowledged the problem.The tech said they are working on it but had no firm resolution date other then it being fixed in the next few days. Today is Monday and it's still broken.
    Thanked by:

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issues. All was fine until a few days ago. Now it's not possible to alter the album artwork.

Well, if Google has acknowledged the problem and is working on the fix, we just need to be patient. My concern was that it was specific to my setup and therefore less likely to be resolved.

status unchanged. i called on this 3 times in the last week. they are "working on it".

- - - Updated - - -

status unchanged. i called on this 3 times in the last week. they are "working on it".

I noticed a few people said they have called google on this issue. Who exactly do you call and what number ?

Same thing...still isn't working

I was having really bad playback issues earlier today from this morning all the way until around 1730

Any room in that boat chaps, move over.

Yes I am "enjoying" the same problem.

Here we are Wednesday morning and still no fix in site, nor indeed any word from them with regards to a time scale.

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

Funny, I just came across the same problem of not being able to change the album art after uploading a few albums and finding out that some ended up with the wrong cover picture. I can't edit the picture for some reason. If this should work and Google's aware of it though, hopefully they'll have a fix out for it soon. I guess I'll just have to deal with the incorrect cover art for a while until Google does fix it. Nice to know I'm not alone with this issue (sometimes it's hard to tell), so I'm glad I found this thread.

crap i have this problem too!!! Ugh I hate the stock Google album art...

My last upload doesn't even have the stock Google art, just that awful grey square.

I've stopped uploading until this has been fixed.

But given that it is getting on for a week now, I'll not hold my breath for a fix any time soon.

It's seems like its getting worse, not better. Now my art that was there is randomly changing. What is going on?

Does anyone have a realistic time frame for a fix?

Cprosie, have you called them again for a heads up?

Yes. They said they are continuing to work on it and hope to have a fix sometime next week.

I certainly hope so!

Glad I'm not alone with this problem, it's been driving me insane all week, lol.
    ~Sonic Alpha - 16GB Nexus 4 - 16GB Nexus 7

Its been working fine for me recently as in last night and all of today. But earlier this week it wouldn't stream, kept cutting out etc. However I have noticed its been stuttering a lot more recently.

Cprosie, thank for the info.

I have had no problems whatsoever with playing the music I have already uploaded, 854 Albums, 11,646 Songs so far, however the album art problem still persists.

I simply can not believe that a company the size and with the resources at their fingertips that Google have, that this is not at the very tip of the tree as far as problems are concerned.

This should have been fixed as a matter of urgency, very swiftly indeed.

This is not a good advertisement for a service that has only very recently launched on my side of the pond.
    Sonic Alpha likes this.

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cprosie View Post
    Yes. They said they are continuing to work on it and hope to have a fix sometime next week.

I certainly hope so!
    Well, "next week" is here and more than half over, but I still can't seem to change album art. This isn't a massive problem, like being unable to upload or play music, but it is annoying when I can't fix incorrect album art. By the first post here, the problem has existed for close to 2 weeks now. I hope Google fixes it soon.

Well it still hasn't been fixed this morning.

I can't help but feel that it isn't a simple software fix, but something much more fundamental.

I thought I'd finally found my cloud solution, but the Google experience has fallen somewhat flat in the face of this small but very significant problem.

I still have over 300 albums to upload, and have had to stop until this has been sorted.

While it is annoying I don't see why people would stop uploading music because of album art. Thats rather asinine as its a free service and other than that one issue its pretty smooth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast