1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice Notification Sync

Is there a reason Google Voice doesn't sync "read" messages the same way gmail does?

If I get a new email (and notification on my phone) but I read the email using my computer's web browser, the email notification goes away.

If I get a new voicemail or text message (and a notification on my phone) but I read/listen to it using my computer's web browser, the notification stays there until I clear it out or open the Google Voice application.

Why is this?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Google Voice Notification Sync

no one?

Gmail and Google Voice Notifications both stay on my Notification bar until manually cleared by me. you might want to test it again.

Same for me as the OP stated.
    So far only GMail's Notification syncs (clears) properly of all the Apps I've tried.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by numone View Post
    Is there a reason Google Voice doesn't sync "read" messages the same way gmail does?

If I get a new email (and notification on my phone) but I read the email using my computer's web browser, the email notification goes away.

If I get a new voicemail or text message (and a notification on my phone) but I read/listen to it using my computer's web browser, the notification stays there until I clear it out or open the Google Voice application.

Why is this?
    Great point. Probably just a request that needs to be put in to Google. This would be very helpful. Mine even goes so far as if I have the Voice app open and am testing back and forth, I still get the notifications and have to click on the notifications to clear them even if I've read the texts in the Google Voice app itself.

Same for me. A couple of years ago, this wasn't an issue...the GV notification would clear just like the Gmail notification does now. However, I think it was the GV update that got it ready for ICS that I noticed this problem started.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

well i'm glad it's not just me, thanks guys. hopefully they fix this soonish.