Your app purchases are refunded if not immediately installed.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Something I didn't know and got hosed on. Back in October during Google's $0.25 promotions, I had bought two apps that were meant for my tablet. I purchased them on my phone and my tablet had no access to internet. Long story short, I waited to install those apps on my tablet because it was sluggish due to the low memory I had left so I chose to wait. Today I realized I had forgotten all about those apps and went to install them. Neither of them were purchased anymore. After speaking to google play and google wallet, they said that i have a 15 minute window to install those apps or they are automatically refunded. the two apps cost $10 combined so I got screwed and never knew about the install limit.

this is not to be confused with the 15 minute refund window. They automatically refunded me when I didn't install the app. I dont know if I ever got a refund email, I didn't notice it if I did.

They said they couldn't give me those apps at the .25 price anymore. So a big FYI to everyone. I've never known this.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So basically your saying you purchased something, left it there so to speak, they refunded your 50 cents and now your mad because it is not on sale anymore. I think it's a pretty good policy to do what they did. I don't see how you can be mad at them. That's just my opinion and i give it respectfully. Mad at yourself yes, ,mad at Google no.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Im not really mad at them, very disappointed yes. I'm posting this here as an FYI to anyone who purchases something on sale.

I purchased an app and common sense says its now attached to your account. If I bought a music CD and dont listen to it within 15 minutes doesn't mean that it should self destruct. I feel this is how apps should work as well.

At least with movie rentals it clearly states "this movie will expire in 48 hours." Then I know I need to watch this in 48 hours. It is not clearly posted that this app will be refunded in 15 minutes.

Under normal circumstances, If I bought a $5 app and it got refunded, its no big deal, I can just buy it again. But in this case, I bought something on sale, and if I wanted to repurchase the app I technically lost $9.50.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Im not really mad at them, very disappointed yes. I'm posting this here as an FYI to anyone who purchases something on sale.

I purchased an app and common sense says its now attached to your account. If I bought a music CD and dont listen to it within 15 minutes doesn't mean that it should self destruct. I feel this is how apps should work as well.

At least with movie rentals it clearly states "this movie will expire in 48 hours." Then I know I need to watch this in 48 hours. It is not clearly posted that this app will be refunded in 15 minutes.

Under normal circumstances, If I bought a $5 app and it got refunded, its no big deal, I can just buy it again. But in this case, I bought something on sale, and if I wanted to repurchase the app I technically lost $9.50.

I see your point.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!