Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVODeck

Default Google Music = Great (1/2 albums = not) Ugh

So I absolutely love google Music as it saves me so much storage space and I have an unlimited data plan so never a care in the world. My issue is this though. Lately I'm getting a bunch of albums that seem to be uploaded as half and it's hard to play a whole album at a time. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'll post screenshots to try to help explain. Basically though it will take a album of 12 and put say 8 songs in one section/album and the other 4 songs in a duplicate album art separate album...how do I combine these? Or do I just have to delete the songs out and reupload?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Google Music = Great (1/2 albums = not) Ugh

In the first screenshot, it shows you have 2 different artist names. I'm guessing that's causing the songs to split into 2 albums. Try updating the tags so they all have the same "album artist".
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    In the first screenshot, it shows you have 2 different artist names. I'm guessing that's causing the songs to split into 2 albums. Try updating the tags so they all have the same "album artist".
    mp3tag is a great and easy tool to edit tags--
    Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVODeck

You mean two artists being "drew holcomb" being one and " & the neighbors being the second. It's the bands name. Not two different artists. I checked the tags in MP3Tag and everything is good to go...still the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by mrsethprice View Post
    You mean two artists being "drew holcomb" being one and " & the neighbors being the second. It's the bands name. Not two different artists. I checked the tags in MP3Tag and everything is good to go...still the same issue
    If Google Music thinks the "album artist" names are different (even by one letter), then it'll group the songs into different albums. So yes, songs labeled as "Drew Holcomb" and "Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors" (as depicted in the first screenshot) will be grouped in separate albums.

If the "album artist" tag in MP3Tag is identical for all the songs, then Google Music must be assigning a different artist name for some songs. Not sure why it would be doing that (vs. just reading the info from the tags).
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)