Audiobook player which can refind your place?

Indigoquilter

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7, and being able to play audiobooks was a large part of why I bought it. I need a player that doesn't just keep my place in the book, but which will display a bar for progress through the book so that I can change my place manually, like iTunes or MediaMonkey do. Otherwise, all it takes is for something to go wrong, a crash or something, and you have lost your place in the book and have no way to refind it. And sooner or later, this always happens, preferably when you're in the middle of something huge like Anna Karenina. Smart Audiobook Player did this to me the other day, ending in Chapter 8 one day and then restarting in Chapter 2 the next day. I've just installed Mort Audiobook Player, but it doesn't seem to have this function either. What can I use? Something with a homescreen widget would be nice too, but not essential.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My app Music Player (Remix) automatically saves the position within every music file played. You can also save manual bookmarks that are visible as visual markers on the scrubber bar. To restore a bookmark (auto-saved or manual), you can pull up the "View Bookmarks" popup on the Now Playing screen or in the "..." menu next to any music file in the app.

One other neat feature for audiobook listening is the fine-tuned controls. Long-tap the top of the album art to reveal 5, 30, and 60 second skip controls.

You have access to several homescreen widgets (theme customizable in the next release). Also you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen from within any other app to reveal the mini-player where you have access to music controls and your current playlist.

And there are a bunch of other features.

You can find the app here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.hedami.musicplayerremix&token=vXXKQob0

The free, fully-functional 14 day free trial can be found here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.hedami.mprtrial&token=8VoHdFdK

Indigoquilter

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response. Yes, I know a lot of music players will save your place. It's turned out that the app isn't the problem. For some reason, my tablet is drastically shortening audio files. I've put up a separate post here. Is it something you can help with?

A 60 second skip isn't much use if the app's lost your place by two hours, by the way! I did eventually find an app with a progress slider bar of that sort, Ginkgo, but that's when I realised that the problem wasn't the app, it's the tablet.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your response. Yes, I know a lot of music players will save your place. It's turned out that the app isn't the problem. For some reason, my tablet is drastically shortening audio files. I've put up a separate post here. Is it something you can help with?

A 60 second skip isn't much use if the app's lost your place by two hours, by the way! I did eventually find an app with a progress slider bar of that sort, Ginkgo, but that's when I realised that the problem wasn't the app, it's the tablet.

My app doesn't just save the place in the current file, it saves it in every file. So let's say you're listening to an audiobook file and then listen to something else, you can go back later and resume your last position in the first file. I haven't seen any other apps do that.

In regards to your audio shortening issue, if the file itself is the problem, then no my app wouldn't help. In other words, if every other app cuts off your file, then it's probably the file causing the issue.

The skip function doesn't help with restoring the last played position (but the auto-save feature does), but it does help you easily re-listen to a snippet after it's played. You can also use the slider to do this, but the fine-tuned controls make it much easier. And they're also available on the mini-player so if you're using another app, you can quickly jump back without having to leave that app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa