APP to power on and unlock phone with swype gestures

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
After having seen the Blackberry10 on the Z10 I'm really impressed how lovely they integrated swype gestures on the entire operating system. Most impressive however is the possibility to power on the phone without having to press a physical hardware button but just by swiping from bottom to top. Does the Z10 have special capacitive panel on the bottom of the device to trigger this kind of event?

After looking how to realize something like this on android I found a very interesting video showing this feature on an S3

Is anybody from the forums already into this kind of gesture stuff? Any apps you could recommend? I think I'll give this one a try, which uses the phones proximity sensors and front facing camera for power-on and unlocking.

Thanks
kr Andrew

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I've now been playing around with the free version of the app "awesome on and off" for about 1/2 hour and decided to buy the ultimate version right away.
This app is really cool. It allows me to just pick up my HTC One X from the desk without having to touch any on/off button and viola that's it the phone is on
My first analysis with CPU spy and battery stats doesn't report any battery drain so far.

Additional features I'd really love to see from the dev is hooking up with Tasker somehow, which would allow to define rules as e.g. only do 'Awesome on off ultimate' at work i.e. Mo-Fr 7-18??

Pre-Final Remark :) The app uses the gyroscope for activation and the proximity sensor for turnin off the screen - no front facing camera involved

Final remark: I have a draw-unlock security pattern in place which actually only applies after the phone was not unlocked for more than 3 minutes. With this app however I always have to draw my security pattern when unlocking. But that's ok. If there's any solution for this, please let me know.