Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cattails_r_Edible
  • 1 Post By shokuchi
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOKP

Default Carbon for twitter or Falcon pro?

I have falcon pro and I love it but carbon looks awesome
    any opinions?
    nothing nothing nothing

Default Re: Carbon for twitter or Falcon pro?

Falcon. Overall a better experience, you get settings options.
    Content including YouTube, viewable in the app.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

The viewable in line content of Falcon Pro is what drew me back after playing with Carbon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I find Falcon is faster.

Perhaps after the few updates Carbon will improve.
    The 15 minute update is also annoying, rather have manual only.

Posted via ripped tapatalk.

So far very happy with it. I'm not what you would call a power user, and it does have its limitations in terms of capabilities, but they are shortcomings I'm very happy to do away with for such a clean design and smooth user experience. Mostly I just check my tweets, bang some out myself, and follow some conversations, so it's more than enough for me. I passed on Falcon Pro in favor of Tweetings previously because I wasn't into the busy design, of Falcon Pro, but I made the jump to Carbon and never looked back. IMHO, it's the best on Android right now for my purposes and something I'd be willing to pay for. Being free is just the icing on the proverbial cake.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by djorourke View Post
    The viewable in line content of Falcon Pro is what drew me back after playing with Carbon.
    I agree.

I am not a power Twitter user. I just don't really have time to monitor Twitter. I probably only check it once or twice a day.

Right now I am testing both of them on my Droid Razr, but I'm leaning toward Falcon Pro.

I really like the inline content (and built-in browser!) of Falcon Pro.

Falcon Pro has a Widget and Carbon does not.

Falcon Pro works on tablets and Carbon does not. Why should I run one app on my phone and then another app on my tablet??

Carbon seems more like a beta. I expected more from something that has been under development for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by djorourke View Post

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    So far I am enjoying Falcon Pro over any others. I also have Plume and Hootsuite for multiple accounts. My main Social Center is Scope as it has FB, 4 square, twitter and more as in one stop for all needs

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

I really like the idea of viewable in line content, but does anyone know how falcon deals with all the spam hacks on Twitter? This always makes me think twice before clicking on Twitter's tiny URLs.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Well I've been using Carbon for Twitter and I love it. It's just intuitive enough to be fast but not soooo intuitive that you need a crazy tutorial to use it. I haven't tried using Falcon Pro and don't really intend to unless someone buys it for me lol

Falcon is much better imho! The font on carbon is too small, and you can't change it! Carbon has cool animations! Falcon just works flawlessly, so no need to change!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    bruce7373 likes this.

Right now I like Carbon, even with it's limitations. The look is top notch, and I just saw that the developer is putting together a widget that will be ready shortly. I do like Falcon Pro for it's functionality, but it looks kinda pedestrian.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

It looks like Carbon now supports the Nexus 7.

I'm posting this from my Razr, but the screen shot is from my Nexus 7.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Proud owner of a Moto X, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10.

Falcon pro is a much more "ergonomic" and a fulfilling experience.

I have about 30 lists, everything is on lists and it's the only way I can manage what I want to see, I always use the lists to view tweets, never the combined timeline. If you are heavy user of LISTS then Falcon pro wins hands down. Why? well swipe to the right and voila your lists are there. One swipe - there. Perfect.

Carbon - lists are awkward and annoying in comparison. hit the three small square setting icon at the bottom right, move up the column, hit the the lists button, once there, it has the most recently opened list expanded, so you have to go to the top of the page and hit the arrow. then finally your lists appear. They all have an icon (your avatar if a private list or the icon of the subscribed list) the use of space in the list is horrible, too much wasted space and too much info i.e the list name and then the list author. On my galaxy nexus only 7 lists are shown on one page view, thats a lot of scrolling due to the poor use of space.
    And when you are finally viewing the lists there is an irritating vertical bar on the left of the the screen, with a list icon on it - totally wasted space - get rid of it
    Another way to get lists on carbon, tap your avatar at the bottom of the screen, when your account page comes up, wait for a several seconds or more for your lists to reload, then hit the list you want, which then loads a profile of the list!, swipe that out of the way!, then see your list, with another damn vertical bar there! gah!
    Are you guys serious?? carbon is annoying and convoluted - camouflaged with flashy graphics,

It has smooth scrolling, though not a massive difference to other apps out there. The LIST issue is a much more important and a fundamental problem.

Falcon pro - photos web pages and YouTube videos are all quickly and easily viewable it the app itself, carbon? click it and be taken to your default browser.

Left swipe falcon - there is timeline, mentions, DM, retweets, favs, search and settings. All right there.

And falcon pro has a full selection of settings, Carbon has no settings!

I really dont get it all glowing praise for Carbon, it's like the rapid apple nutters talking about their gear.

Multiple accounts and more searchable trends and falcon pro will be perfect.
    bruce7373 likes this.
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Played with carbon since it came out and aside from the cool effects it really isn't as functional as Falcon Pro. The ONLY advantage I see with Carbon is multiple-account support that Falcon Pro doesn't have yet. It's far easier to access lists in FP, search, trends and pretty much any other twitter feature. I also don't like how you have to scroll up after refreshing tweets, there's no quick way to jump to the top of the lists of tweets like in Falcon Pro by just pressing the top bar.

Carbon has a long way to go if I'm going to switch away from FP.
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

Falcon just added multi account support.
    Winning.
    Thanked by: