Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has Anyone Used Next Launcher 3D v1.18?

Has Anyone Used Next Launcher 3D v1.18?

The latest version of Go Launcher Dev Team's, Next Launcher 3D v1.18 was released on 2/5/13. I remember when Spb Shell 3D released on Android for $14.95 a couple of years and people were screaming about the outrageous price of $ 14.95. Yet some of the best Launchers are charging for their code today?

- Have you used it?

- Is it stable?

- Is it worth $15.99?
    Last edited by Dude2; 02-05-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Default Re: Has Anyone Used Next Launcher 3D v1.17?

Hi. I have the current next launcher. Ive used the paid versions of them all.. Holohd, go, apex, adw, nova etc. Next is cool. I can see my self making it my default... Someday... Just not yet. Currently its lacking way too many features the other launchers already have. My advice keep an eye on the updates through an app like appwatch. They arrive every week or two. In the mean time your better off with apexpro or go launcher.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, and to answer your questions, ive kept it installed but not set to default on my galaxy 2. It has been stable for me. Its not currently worth the $16 so the reviews you've read are pretty accurate. It needs work and even the devs have admitted its not currently the best. But updates are frequent and im looking forward to seeing what they can do.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

The reviews have not be that great. I think that they stole a lot of the features from TSF shell launcher but didn't do it as well. My suggestion is to look at that one if you are spending that much money.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I currently have an Samsung/AT&T Galaxy Note with Android v4.0.4 and have customized Touch Wiz enough to make it effective for daily use. If I did install Next Launcher 3D, go, apex, adw, nova or other launcher, are they stable enough to keep on the Note and go back an forth to play with?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Dude2 View Post
    I currently have an Samsung/AT&T Galaxy Note with Android v4.0.4 and have customized Touch Wiz enough to make it effective for daily use. If I did install Next Launcher 3D, go, apex, adw, nova or other launcher, are they stable enough to keep on the Note and go back an forth to play with?
    Absolutely. You can even go back and forth. I would suggest Nova. It is amazing and fast. Very flexible. There are some very cool screens you can make or download for free and install at My color screen. Here's my designs www.mycolorscreen.com/badbrad if you want to check em out.

You can also watch some of this guys videos on how to theme your phone. This is one of his earlier themes but it's a good one to get started.

Android Evangelist

FYI

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Anyone Used Next Launcher 3D v1.18?-uploadfromtaptalk1360077902071.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Absolutely. You can even go back and forth. I would suggest Nova. It is amazing and fast. Very flexible. There are some very cool screens you can make or download for free and install at My color screen. Here's my designs www.mycolorscreen.com/badbrad if you want to check em out.

You can also watch some of this guys videos on how to theme your phone. This is one of his earlier themes but it's a good one to get started.

BadBrad, thanks for the video it is great and your web site is even better. That is one extensive site.

Well, Next 3D v1.18 was released today and at least the Go folks are trying to keep the improvements coming. It seems like both Nova and Apex have a lot of buzz right now in the Launcher world. have you used the latest Apex version? Do you think it is on par with Nova in terms of speed, stability and features?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Default Re: Has Anyone Used Next Launcher 3D v1.18?

Sieber, thanks for the heads up re. Next 3D v1.18. At least the Go folks are trying to add improvements.

No problem. Novaprime was my first launcher. It is very stable. So is apexpro. I find that apex has a few more features though that nova doesnt have as far as theming goes with the dock and folder views etc. Ultimately though they are both great launchers.

Oh, and as far as speed goes. I dont notice much of a difference. You may want to look into holohd as well. That isnt advertised as much but its just stable. Give the free trial versions a try. I personally am using go launcher now until next launcher improves. Many more features to play around with.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Dude2 View Post
    BadBrad, thanks for the video it is great and your web site is even better. That is one extensive site.

Well, Next 3D v1.18 was released today and at least the Go folks are trying to keep the improvements coming. It seems like both Nova and Apex have a lot of buzz right now in the Launcher world. have you used the latest Apex version? Do you think it is on par with Nova in terms of speed, stability and features?
    I have used the Apex launcher and like it but Nova does a few things better. IMO. The backup is better and some things are faster to implement.

TSF is the one I want to try. Crazy stuff. Check out that guys video on the Ubuntu theme. It's nuts.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:

Version 1.19 has been released and 1.20 will be out in a week or two which should be a pretty big update. It keeps getting better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

This is a very good third party launcher. For cool things it can do it is a recommend from me.