Annouce: SB Player, a software Squeezebox player app for Android.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
SB Player, a software Squeezebox player app for Android 4.1+ (Jellybean) is now available on Google Play:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.angrygoat.android.sbplayer&token=l8U7Rd9M

Features:
- Supports both local servers and MySqueezebox.com (you will need to have a MySqueezebox.com account)
- Automatically discovers local servers on your network.
- Supports playback of music files on your server and internet streams.
- Natively decodes Flac, MP3, AAC, Ogg, Alac, and PCM (AIF and Wav) audio.
- Natively supports playback of 24bit audio by converting to 16bit (with dithering).
- Continues playing when the app is in the background.
- Can handle music with lower than 44.1Khz sampling rates, common with internet radio.
- Supports fade in, fade out, and crossfading between songs.
- Supports synchronized playback with other players.
- Supports single channel mode for using two sync'd players as left and right channels
- Supports track/album gain for songs.
- Automatically pauses playback for phone calls.
- Option to launch directly into the notification area without showing an app view.
- Option to limit playback to only lossy compressed formats for low bandwidth situations.
- Option to disable 24->16bit dithering and/or use lower quality resampling for use on slower devices.
- Works with the apps in MyApps that are allowed by Logitech to work on software players.

Limitations:
- Only works with ShoutCast and plain http internet streams, which accounts for the majority
of streams. Will not work with MMS and MMSH streams, which are mainly used for WMA audio.
- Apps like Rhapsody (and possibly Spotify) will not work with this app because Logitech restricts
them to hardware players only. I've been told that paid Pandora should work.
- The quality of synchronized playback can vary a lot depending on the device.
It works well on a Galaxy Nexus, but it won't be perfect and will need to be adjusted in your server
settings.

bart08150190

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I tried to setup the connection from SB Player to my LMS running on my Win7 PC (server).
I have an Nvidia Shield TV device connected via LAN.
It could find the Server name and IP but it could not connect. I tried the same with my phone (Samsung galaxy S5, WLAN), same thing.
My Win7 PC uses normal Windows user and password as well as standard Windows firewall settings.
LMS is running.
As I understood, the App should be pretty much straight forward for connecting. As it didn't work I returned the App.
Please give me a hint what could be the problem?

regards
bart

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I tried to setup the connection from SB Player to my LMS running on my Win7 PC (server).
I have an Nvidia Shield TV device connected via LAN.
It could find the Server name and IP but it could not connect. I tried the same with my phone (Samsung galaxy S5, WLAN), same thing.
My Win7 PC uses normal Windows user and password as well as standard Windows firewall settings.
LMS is running.
As I understood, the App should be pretty much straight forward for connecting. As it didn't work I returned the App.
Please give me a hint what could be the problem?

regards
bart

Can other Squeezeboxes connect to the server?

If the SB Player detects your server and you select the server that it found, then all you should need to do is tap Connect.

SB Player connects to the server on port 3483. Make sure that port isn't blocked on the server. Check the windows firewall settings to make sure that you are allowing both UDP and TCP packets through to LMS. Those are sometimes separate entries in firewall settings.

bart08150190

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. I tried it again and it works now.
It seems that it had something to do with the settings of the LMS after first installation. After connecting via web GUI (for connection checking) and a reboot of the Win7 PC (and making sure the LMS is running again) it works fine.

br
bart

bart08150190

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I had connection problems again.
This time I solved it by enabling ports in Windows Firewall (inbound and outbound, TCP and UDP):
3483 for the SB Player
9090 for Squeezer (control App)
9000 for the data stream itself

Now it works. No idea why it worked that time before.

bart