1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I turn my phone into a HotSpot?

Hi,

I recently purchased a Kyocera Rise with ANdroid Ice Cream sandwich (Virgin Mobile is the carrier). Anyone know how I can turn my phone into a HotSpot? I downloaded both QuickSettings and Elixir 2 but they do not have the WiFi hotspot option as advertised by several articles online.

I would prefer to do this for free. FoxFi charges after a couple of hours use.

Thanks for your help, - Dave

ROM
    STOCK

Default Re: How do I turn my phone into a HotSpot?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Alvarado View Post
    Hi,

I recently purchased a Kyocera Rise with ANdroid Ice Cream sandwich (Virgin Mobile is the carrier). Anyone know how I can turn my phone into a HotSpot? I downloaded both QuickSettings and Elixir 2 but they do not have the WiFi hotspot option as advertised by several articles online.

I would prefer to do this for free. FoxFi charges after a couple of hours use.

Thanks for your help, - Dave
    Is your phone rooted? Because that is another way to enable it. Either that or pay for the service. Perhaps you can use this: Apparently FoxFi and pdanet+ merged or something. But I think it's a one time charge though, which in that case you should get it. If you had a nexus phone then you wouldn't have to worry about this, just for future reference. Hope that helped.