Default Media Player? (yanking out the headphones)

Droidcola

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a question to ALL Android users,

Please tell me what happens when you're using the default media player, with headphones and you unplug the headphones. This is to simulate an "accidental yanking out the headphones" scenario. You know? Listening to music and the headphones yank out by accident and your song is now EXPOSED!

Does your music keep playing and your phone switches to speaker phone? or does the music pause because your phone recognized the headphones were taken out during the playing of a song?

What does your phone do?

Please fill this out so I can get some more information about Android phones:

Phone:
Android Version:
After taking out headphones:

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't think many people use the stock music player. I know I don't. MixZing will kill the audio when the headset is unplugged (an option, anyway) as will Pandora.

There's an app called Tasker that will allow you to "program" that function for whatever media player you're using - turn it on when the phones are plugged in, turn it off when unplugged.

Droid Eris, 2.1

Kerensky97

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Phone: HTC (Droid) Incredible
Android Version: 2.1
After taking out headphones: song pauses
Music App: Default HTC music app.

I totally know what you're talking about!

At the gym I found the best music to run to is upbeat Japanese Eurobeat dance music. Back in the old days I had problems when my iPaq fell and the cord came out, blasting Jpop at full volume for all to hear.

I had the same problem more recently with the iTech Clip bluetooth adapter. When that POS decided to randomly disconnect I had about 3 seconds to pause the music before the phone speaker would come on. I'd always happen to have ABBA or something on the radio at that moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress