Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: best twitter apps ?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleAndroid View Post
    Apparently Robird isn't compatible with my phone because I can't find it in the Play Store. Not interested in Falcon because I don't use widgets. Echophone is made by same developer as Ubersocial, which I am currently using. Looks very similar.

~¤°Holliewood°¤~
    robird is only on xda at the moment because it is in the alpha stages (but still very good). tweedle is another nice looking app as well
    Droid Incredible
    Rooted with Unrevoked 3.21
    S-Off
    Skyraider Vanilla Rom RC3
    KingxKernal #5/#5 Falling Up
    Linpack: 38.66
    Quadrant: 1710 <--- now thats incredible

I use tweetcaster on my tablet and carbon on my phone and love them both.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleAndroid View Post
    Apparently Robird isn't compatible with my phone because I can't find it in the Play Store. Not interested in Falcon because I don't use widgets. Echophone is made by same developer as Ubersocial, which I am currently using. Looks very similar.

~¤°Holliewood°¤~
    Falcon is a twitter app not a widget. There's a separate Falcon widget app though but the actual app is great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayr View Post
    I used tweetbot non stop when I had my iPhone so I know how you feel. So far robird seems to have a nice compromise between looks and features. Before tweetbot received push notifications I used to have the official app just for notifications and tweetbot for browsing and tweeting. Could always try that with the official Twitter app and robird
    this is actually brilliant thanks alot .. i started using the official Tw to receive notifications on time and when i do i just clear them from the notification bar and i open Falcon to check them out ..

also i e-mailed the developer and he advised me to download tweetnotifacion what would send you an SMS once you get notifications ..

Here are some good ones . . .

Hope that helped . .!

I use Falcon Pro for my Tablet. It is the best twitter app ever.

Official Twitter App, Tweetcaster and Falcon Pro these all are amazing apps. Plume is too colorful. There is is no competition for the likes of Tweetcaster and Falcon Pro.

I'm currently using TweetCaster Pro. I'm looking for an alternative, because TweetCaster has issues playing flash video content in its app browser.
    I tried Falcon, but it could not display my Mentions and DM. Kept saying I had zero Mentions and DM's.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was a heavy user and relied on Plume for my tablet. Worked like a charm. Did not have issues playing video either.

Sent from Tapatalk HD

I use Falcon Pro. It's my favorite so far.

I've used #TweetCaster and real time streaming updates worked well for me. I currently just use the standard @falcon_android widget, i like the translucent look i can set up on my home screen with a magic smoke live wallpaper and have it update every hour and if/when i feel like exploring #Twitter i just use the standard app.

Works for me ;-)

Posted via Android Central App

Falcon pro now supports multi user, sweet.
    The carbon experiment is over for me, deleted. No need for it now.
    Falcon pro is the best user experience by far.

The official app is getting better, quite surprising really.

With all twitter apps I've tried on Android (TweetCaster and Slices Pro) by timeline would get jacked up and not stay synced from session to session. Only Falcon I've found works. Anyone else seeing similar results?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

I am developer of Robird for Android.
    Anybody using it? any feature request?

- - - Updated - - -

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majid Jabrayilov View Post
    I will give it a try, I didn't know it existed. Right now, none of the Twitter apps takes advantage of the shortcuts functionality in Android. You could work on setting a shortcut for launching the "compose new tweet prompt" (not the apps full interface) so we can have an icon, not a complete widget like Falcon Pro, for quick tweeting.

This is something I would like to have in a Twitter app.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

I currently use Falcon Pro because of the interface and features. The official client is there for push notifications only.

I'm set with his setup, but I will give Robird a try to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    The official client is there for push notifications only.
    I use for push notifications. All you have to do is configure your Twitter account to send push notifications to your mobile device via SMS and this app will intercept them and display a notification with the message and sender's thumbnail. You can configure which Twitter app to launch when you tap the notification.

I use Falcon Pro as my main Twitter app and it's great to have real push notifications. I've completely disabled Falcon's built-in notifications. The only problem with this setup is if you have multiple accounts. Twitter only lets you set up one account per SMS cell number, so if you have a secondary account you still need another way to receive notifications for that account.

This wouldn't be an issue for me if Falcon Pro had a way to configure notification options per account, but currently they only allow you to do it globally. So if I turn on notifications, I'll receive double notifications for my primary account. I've tweeted this suggestion and several other ones to the Falcon Pro dev, but lately he hasn't responded to any of my tweets. He used to be very responsive, but not recently. So I don't know if he's even considering making notifications settings per account.
    Music Player (Remix): An advanced music app with an intuitive user interface and many unique features (Google Play Store) (Amazon App Store)
    Quick Post: The quick way to post to Twitter & Facebook (Google Play Store)

Tweetings has real time push notifications also.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

Falcon Pro is my favorite.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I use for push notifications. All you have to do is configure your Twitter account to send push notifications to your mobile device via SMS and this app will intercept them and display a notification with the message and sender's thumbnail. You can configure which Twitter app to launch when you tap the notification.
    Thanks, this sounds interesting. I will try it and see if Twitter SMS works with Mexican cell numbers.

Hi,
    I found this article through which I came to know about few awesome apps for twitter

Hope this would be useful!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12