Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thousands of previously-uninstalled now useless apps, why can't Google let me delete them forever?

I've had more than a dozen Android phones and tablet over the last several year.

Obviously I've tried and uninstalled thousands of apps from the Market(now Play Store)

Whenever I move to a new smartphone or reset a phone, the Play Store still shows
    thousands of previously-uninstalled now useless apps. It's just plain annoying to
    see those apps that I was NEVER install again.

Why can't Google let me delete them forever?

Default Re: Thousands of previously-uninstalled now useless apps, why can't Google let me delete them foreve

ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Thousands of previously-uninstalled now useless apps, why can't Google let me delete them foreve

yes... I know I can do that... but my fingers started to hurt after the first couple hundred...

Will it remove from the Play Store web page also?

Google should let you delete these apps via the Play store web page, using a mouse - click interface, and then roll the deletions down to the mobile device.

I'd also like to be able to remove apps from the list of those with updates. I sometimes will deliberately choose not to install an update (for example, when the only real change is to add the Ukrainian language or support a device I don't own). It would be nice to remove that from the list of updates, and only be notified when the next update for that app arrives. AppBrain, IIRC, had this capability a couple of years ago.

Oh, and it does appear that if you remove an app from the "all" list on your phone, it also removes it from the web page.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3