1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Default Landscape Dialer

I searched and the only thread I found was 6 months old and unanswered.

Is there a landscape dialer anywhere.

When I have my phone in the car it is mounted in landscape and I dont want to spend the rest of my life sideways dialing.

I assume you're using Sense? If you do a different launcher (like ADW or LauncherPro), they will support landscape modes.

I personally use Sense because I like the widgets, but wish it did landscape

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

you CAN get landscape more with sense. Try Dock Simulator...it should work for you.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Dialer One is a phone replacement app that allows dialing in landscape. It's not a "landscape dialer" per se, meaning it doesn't expand the dialpad to fill the whole screen but at least you won't have to dial side ways.

On a plus, I find that it's a nice phone app as well. It allows you to search your contacts by dialing on a T9 keyboard and it searches by number OR name.

Well i've got the cure.
    I have the verizon thunderbolt.
    So this is the only phone i've tested it on.
    You can get the car home ultra licence app.
    The link below is for the free one. Not sure if it has the option but the paid one does.
    Hint:try 4shared.com
    The one with the litte red car as the icon shortcut.
    Inside this app's options it has a check box to turn on car home
    which came with the phone. It acts like you put it into a car dock from verizon.
    And guess what the dialer is now landscape. So when you use this app
    when your driving you can put a shortcuts on the app to call or open the phone.
    It is in LANDSCAPE. It took me since the phone came out till today to find this
    to work. Hope this helps anybody with a thunderbolt. and i bet other androids too.

Thanked by:

Default Re: Landscape Dialer

Quote Originally Posted by topcattroy View Post
    Well i've got the cure.
    The link below is for the free one. Not sure if it has the option but the paid one does.
    which came with the phone. It acts like you put it into a car dock from verizon.
    to work. Hope this helps anybody with a thunderbolt. and i bet other androids too.

topcat instructions
    confirmed working on evo 3d

Default Re: Landscape Dialer

Apparently the cure involves stealing my software! If you like my app, please just spend the money to get it from the Google Play Market.

Cracked apps from places like 4shared are not the original app. They have been modified to include extra code presumable to defeat the license verification, but I've seen extensive blocks of code added to cracked versions of my app that have nothing to do with the license. It could be monitoring your web traffic to steal passwords or really any malicious actions that might be possible given the app permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by topcattroy View Post
    Well i've got the cure.