Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kha_liD View Post
    I'm newbie to android devices. I've just bought a galaxy S4, and I found myself stuck to this annoying issue. I got piles of podcasts in my iTunes and my iPhone, and transferring them to my S4 is such a pain in the neck. With all available tools, I can only get them transferred to a folder in my SD card or phone memory. When playing them with an android podcast player, the text is not displayed. In my iPhone, I used to listen to ESL podcasts and read the scripts, for instance. I've installed BeyondPod, but it doesn't display the accompanying texts and scripts. I have tried some other apps, and they are the same.
    Thats because the enhanced podcasts are an apple format that allows more info to be displayed in them on an apple device. I just made the switch to an HTC one and have the same gripe. So far I have found Pocketcasts to be my top choice though despite its lack of displaying the extra info.
  2. #27  
    bradlemmond's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    I am looking for an app just to download podcasts. I don't want to use my phone to listen to podcasts, I want to continue using my MP3 player. I am currently using Podkicker, but when I export podcasts so I can move them to my MP3 player, it clears the memory in Podkicker of what I have already downloaded, so I have to try to keep track of which episodes I have downloaded. Also, the way it sorts them isn't consistent, eg it puts all of my How Stuff Works podcasts into one folder and doesn't display the full name, but some of the other podcasts into separate folders for each episode. I have a Galaxy S4 with Verizon.
  3. #28  
    Kha_liD's Avatar

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    That's frustrating. Despite the fact I always heard about how powerful and incomparable iOS is, I wanted to try android. After using GS4 for a couple of weeks now, I regret buying it and I regret shifting to android.
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    You guys should definitely try TuneIn Pro.

    Sent from my SGNote 2!
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Quote Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
    You guys should definitely try TuneIn Pro.

    Sent from my SGNote 2!
    You have posted twice with no additional info on why we should try TuneIn Radio. I have tried it lacks the ability to add favorite podcasts on the fly.

    Please respond with some specifics on why we "should definitely try TuneIn Pro."
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    I have tune in pro also and I would like to know how you use podcasts on it.

    Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    I like using PodKicker. But I only listen to one podcast regularly and I don't know if there are features I might not be taking advantage of.

    Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    I have been using pocket casts for about a month now and I must say I really enjoy it. Very simple and I like the UI a lot.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Another vote for Pocket Casts. The syncing is great. I can listen to a pod cast on my phone, then switch to my tablet and pick up where I left off.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kha_liD View Post
    I'm newbie to android devices. I've just bought a galaxy S4, and I found myself stuck to this annoying issue. I got piles of podcasts in my iTunes and my iPhone, and transferring them to my S4 is such a pain in the neck. With all available tools, I can only get them transferred to a folder in my SD card or phone memory. When playing them with an android podcast player, the text is not displayed. In my iPhone, I used to listen to ESL podcasts and read the scripts, for instance. I've installed BeyondPod, but it doesn't display the accompanying texts and scripts. I have tried some other apps, and they are the same.
    Try Greader Pro, It is not a proper Podcast app, but It works for reading the sccripts whilst you listen to the podcast. I usually listen to the same podcast as you do, ESLPOD and others, for learning english...

    I hope this works for you.
    Thanked by:
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Hi guys! I want to suggest another app. Astro Player. It is a really good app for podcasts and audiobooks. You can open any podcast from your SD card, you can subscribe to podcast and download them to your device. Also if your mp3 files consist of some lyrics or text, they can be read within the app. Though the default skin is not very user friendly, I advise you to switch to "Plain" skin. There are free and paid versions that differ only in some features. So you can try the free one and then decide whether to buy or not the full version.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    recently, I use jellypod. it is an easy app to search, download, manage podcasts.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    How does Pocket Cast find the podcasts I want? I listen to a radio show podcast, available thru their web site or ITunes (ugh) Will Pocket Cast be able to load from one of these places, or maybe from my computer? I hate to pay for it only to find it doesn't work. thxs
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Quote Originally Posted by sparoli View Post
    How does Pocket Cast find the podcasts I want? I listen to a radio show podcast, available thru their web site or ITunes (ugh) Will Pocket Cast be able to load from one of these places, or maybe from my computer? I hate to pay for it only to find it doesn't work. thxs
    Try BeyondPod. You can do a search in the search bar at the top for what you want, and if you like it a lot you can decide if you want the paid version. Free version is good too.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Quote Originally Posted by sparoli View Post
    How does Pocket Cast find the podcasts I want? I listen to a radio show podcast, available thru their web site or ITunes (ugh) Will Pocket Cast be able to load from one of these places, or maybe from my computer? I hate to pay for it only to find it doesn't work. thxs
    You can buy Pocket Casts and search for your podcast. If it isn't available you have the standard 15 minute window Google gives you to refund your purchase. Or, you can post what podcast it is and I can see if I can subscribe to it from Pocket Casts on my phone and let you know.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    PocketCasts Dev is foolish not to give a week or two week trial period. For me 15 minutes isn't long enough to decide if I need or want an app when there are a lot of competing apps in the same category.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Quote Originally Posted by regression View Post
    You can buy Pocket Casts and search for your podcast. If it isn't available you have the standard 15 minute window Google gives you to refund your purchase. Or, you can post what podcast it is and I can see if I can subscribe to it from Pocket Casts on my phone and let you know.
    Thanks regression. Podcast is the "Sarah and Vinnie Secret Show" Let me know if its a problem downloading it. If not I'll give pocket Casts a try and hope to decide in the 15 min window
  18. #43  
    dlgus's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    I use and LOVE pocketcast. Liked it so much I paid for it. It downloads to my phone so I can listen without streaming
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Quote Originally Posted by sparoli View Post
    Thanks regression. Podcast is the "Sarah and Vinnie Secret Show" Let me know if its a problem downloading it. If not I'll give pocket Casts a try and hope to decide in the 15 min window
    Free version BeyondPod



    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #45  
    dlgus's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Juist out of curiousity, why would you read the script while listeniing to the podcast?
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    And you'd tap on each to subscribe and download away.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Quote Originally Posted by sparoli View Post
    Thanks regression. Podcast is the "Sarah and Vinnie Secret Show" Let me know if its a problem downloading it. If not I'll give pocket Casts a try and hope to decide in the 15 min window
    I am able to subscribe to it. See attached screen shot.

    Best Podcast App?-screenshot_2014-01-17-13-35-21.jpg
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Best Podcast App?

    Also, one reason I choose Pocket Casts is the ability to sync with multiple devices. So I can listen to a pod cast on my phone (streaming through bluetooth) in my car, then when I get home I can pick up my tablet and pick up where I left off. Also, Pocket Cast has Chromecast support ready to go whenever Google gives the go ahead for 3rd party developers to use it. So, I can then listen via the speakers on my TV, which is better than the speakers on my phone / tablet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. What is the best podcast app?
    By mcll in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 06:52 PM
  2. Best weather app
    By mclarryjr in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 10:35 AM
  3. Best Podcast App???
    By Litt in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 03:59 PM
  4. Best Twitter App
    By TreyDaPrince in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 11:30 AM
  5. Best email app for aol?
    By ICON76 in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

B