Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Podcast App?

What is your favorite podcast app? I'm looking for a good one. Free or a few bucks doesn't matter, I listen to podcasts every day and I'm willing to shell out a few bucks for a good one. I really, really like Stitcher, but until they update with offline playback, it isn't a good solution for me (half my commute has no cell service, plus I don't have unlimitted data). I'm using PodKicker right now, and its meh. I don't really like it but I can't quite put my finger on why.

Default Re: Best Podcast App?

I use beyondpod. It's free, but has premium features which it lets you trial.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Pocket Casts here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    geekymcfly likes this.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Another BeyondPod user. Use it multiple times a day.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ROM
    Midnight ROM

Used doggcatcher and then BeyondPod. I switched to Pocket Casts for the syncing. BeyondPod has some more features but the syncing is what I use most as I use 3 different android devices each day and listen to my podcasts on each. Its super nice to be able to pause on one and pick up another and not have to figure out where I left off. Plus playlists and subscriptions sync across devices.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I tried both BeyondPod and Pocket Casts. BeyondPod was good. Much better than PodKicker. However, auto downloads are only in the paid version, and if your going to pay for one, Pocket Casts looks much, much better. So, my end opinion is if BeyondPod's free version has what you need, its great, but if you need the premium features, Pocket Casts is more worth paying for IMO. But, then again, UI is super important to me. I'd take a slightly less functional app with an excellent UI over one with every bell and whistle that looks awful.

Pocket Casts here too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dori Jee View Post
    Pocket Casts here too!
    Same for me.

Sent from my Asus TF1000000T

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

I use Stitcher daily.

BeyondPod is my favourite android Podcast App.

iPP Podcast Player is my favorite. It has the best search ability and clean UI. And it is free!

+1 Beyond Pod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

My current favorite is PODFY ().

It syncs the player status between all your devices AND has a web browser version. Works great!

Best

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I roll with Pocket Casts. I tried Beyond Pod but they dont have a simple option to move podcasts onto the SD card. Pocket casts has an option to do that and I love it.

I am a new user, coming from years with itunes and ipods and iphones. (but before that winamp)

I've tried a few of the free ones so far and find them lacking. I want similar functionality to what I had with podcasts within itunes:

- ability to automatically download podcast. I don't stream podcasts because I listen to them in the car and do not have an unlimited data plan. So I want the podcast app to regularly check for new podcasts that I've subscribed to and download them on a schedule... once a day.
    - ability to select to go get new podcasts
    - ability to advance forward or go back some short time... 10 seconds or 30 seconds or 1 minute. I listen to some long podcasts like no agenda that are over 2 hours long and trying to advance by dragging the time cursor is too difficult for those ranges.
    - ability to automatically delete the podcast after a certain period or after a certain amount of them. For example, just keep the latest 5 podcasts.
    - sort the list of podcasts and then select an episode from the sorted list - some podcast players I've tried seem to just sort alphabetically or by my most recently downloaded.
    - ability to use an rss feed
    - work friendly with Entune in my toyota.
    - work friendly with galaxy s4

^^^^ Tunein Radio Pro... Best on the market!

Sent from my SGNote 2!

Global Posts
    11,760 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Pocket Casts is a nice option and supports podcast downloads.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Ry likes this.

If you're interrested I developped a small Podcast app. I know it doesn't have a beautiful UI but it has some nice advanced features. And a v2.0 with a brand new UI will soon be available
    Give it a try it's called Podcast Addict

I have tried "Podcast Addict". It's working good comparing other games

BeyondPod, PodKicker, Double Twist, SimpleReader, etc. BeyondPod is good. It allows us to search for new podcasts from the app yourself, or simply add your pre-existing ones.

I've only just got a new phone so in the process of reinstalling apps. I always used Acast on my previous phone and thought it was pretty great but I'm open to trying new ones also.

did you end up with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by krauster_sk View Post
    I am a new user, coming from years with itunes and ipods and iphones. (but before that winamp)

I've tried a few of the free ones so far and find them lacking. I want similar functionality to what I had with podcasts within itunes:

- ability to automatically download podcast. I don't stream podcasts because I listen to them in the car and do not have an unlimited data plan. So I want the podcast app to regularly check for new podcasts that I've subscribed to and download them on a schedule... once a day.
    - ability to select to go get new podcasts
    - ability to advance forward or go back some short time... 10 seconds or 30 seconds or 1 minute. I listen to some long podcasts like no agenda that are over 2 hours long and trying to advance by dragging the time cursor is too difficult for those ranges.
    - ability to automatically delete the podcast after a certain period or after a certain amount of them. For example, just keep the latest 5 podcasts.
    - sort the list of podcasts and then select an episode from the sorted list - some podcast players I've tried seem to just sort alphabetically or by my most recently downloaded.
    - ability to use an rss feed
    - work friendly with Entune in my toyota.
    - work friendly with galaxy s4
    Pocket Casts checks off all those requirements to a tee (except entune..good luck with that)...their app page has a feature list that ticks each off one by one (even specifying how many seconds you'd like to skip forward or backwards). Unfortunately it's $5, but as with all apps you can refund within 15 minutes. You won't find a free podcast app with your wanted features, I was looking for something similar a couple weeks back and there's nothing out there that doesn't kinda suck

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

Pocketcasts is my favorite.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I'm newbie to android devices. I've just bought a galaxy S4, and I found myself stuck to this annoying issue. I got piles of podcasts in my iTunes and my iPhone, and transferring them to my S4 is such a pain in the neck. With all available tools, I can only get them transferred to a folder in my SD card or phone memory. When playing them with an android podcast player, the text is not displayed. In my iPhone, I used to listen to ESL podcasts and read the scripts, for instance. I've installed BeyondPod, but it doesn't display the accompanying texts and scripts. I have tried some other apps, and they are the same.
    Last edited by Kha_liD; 06-21-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast