Best Podcast App?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What is your favorite podcast app? I'm looking for a good one. Free or a few bucks doesn't matter, I listen to podcasts every day and I'm willing to shell out a few bucks for a good one. I really, really like Stitcher, but until they update with offline playback, it isn't a good solution for me (half my commute has no cell service, plus I don't have unlimitted data). I'm using PodKicker right now, and its meh. I don't really like it but I can't quite put my finger on why.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Pocket Casts here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

JojoSteez

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Used doggcatcher and then BeyondPod. I switched to Pocket Casts for the syncing. BeyondPod has some more features but the syncing is what I use most as I use 3 different android devices each day and listen to my podcasts on each. Its super nice to be able to pause on one and pick up another and not have to figure out where I left off. Plus playlists and subscriptions sync across devices.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried both BeyondPod and Pocket Casts. BeyondPod was good. Much better than PodKicker. However, auto downloads are only in the paid version, and if your going to pay for one, Pocket Casts looks much, much better. So, my end opinion is if BeyondPod's free version has what you need, its great, but if you need the premium features, Pocket Casts is more worth paying for IMO. But, then again, UI is super important to me. I'd take a slightly less functional app with an excellent UI over one with every bell and whistle that looks awful.

chip dawg

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I roll with Pocket Casts. I tried Beyond Pod but they dont have a simple option to move podcasts onto the SD card. Pocket casts has an option to do that and I love it.

krauster_sk

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I am a new user, coming from years with itunes and ipods and iphones. (but before that winamp)

I've tried a few of the free ones so far and find them lacking. I want similar functionality to what I had with podcasts within itunes:

- ability to automatically download podcast. I don't stream podcasts because I listen to them in the car and do not have an unlimited data plan. So I want the podcast app to regularly check for new podcasts that I've subscribed to and download them on a schedule... once a day.
- ability to select to go get new podcasts
- ability to advance forward or go back some short time... 10 seconds or 30 seconds or 1 minute. I listen to some long podcasts like no agenda that are over 2 hours long and trying to advance by dragging the time cursor is too difficult for those ranges.
- ability to automatically delete the podcast after a certain period or after a certain amount of them. For example, just keep the latest 5 podcasts.
- sort the list of podcasts and then select an episode from the sorted list - some podcast players I've tried seem to just sort alphabetically or by my most recently downloaded.
- ability to use an rss feed
- work friendly with Entune in my toyota.
- work friendly with galaxy s4

bambou51

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If you're interrested I developped a small Podcast app. I know it doesn't have a beautiful UI but it has some nice advanced features. And a v2.0 with a brand new UI will soon be available :)
Give it a try it's called Podcast Addict

srishtimehta

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
BeyondPod, PodKicker, Double Twist, SimpleReader, etc. BeyondPod is good. It allows us to search for new podcasts from the app yourself, or simply add your pre-existing ones.

Alex Box

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I've only just got a new phone so in the process of reinstalling apps. I always used Acast on my previous phone and thought it was pretty great but I'm open to trying new ones also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084