Looking for a few iOS app "replacements" on Android

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a few indispensable apps I was used to on iOS, and I would appreciate if you could give me your suggestions about their best suited Android equivalents. The apps are listed below, including some of the features I found most important:

- Good Reader (a great e-book reader, all major formats, Dropbox sync)
- Scanner Pro (a portable "scanner" for documents; on-screen grid to help you align the camera; setting the page borders after the scan has been taken to make the final page/document aligned correctly; saving to separate image files as well as a combined PDF file)
- FileBrowser (connecting to LAN (Windows/SAMBA shares) and browsing/opening files directly)
- Buzz Player (connecting to LAN (Windows/SAMBA shares) and playing multimedia files directly from there)

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Answering to myself and to any other netizens who might be looking for this... :)

-For GoodReader equivalent, I chose Aldiko Book Reader (free). So far so good.
-Turned out I don't need anything like FileBrowser and Buzz Player... With ES File Explorer file manager (also free) I can connect to LAN (or even Dropbox) shares, and I can launch whatever image/video viewer I want from there (or any other file for that matter). Yay!
-As for Scanner Pro, I'm still looking...

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'll have a look into Camscanner.
As for Things, I haven't gotten that far yet. I still have to figure out whether the stock calendar app's tasks will suffice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn