Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Default New launcher pro update = no bloat

Get the new launcher pro and u can now hide the bloat apps like blockbuster! No need to take a chance in root to delete it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    Get the new launcher pro and u can now hide the bloat apps like blockbuster! No need to take a chance in root to delete it.

I love the new version 7.2.0....it is awesome. very smooth and no lag at all.
    Storm 1 --> EnV2 -->Curve 8330-->Tour-->Storm2 --> FINALLY, a DROID X!

Yes! I saw this earlier! It functions like a Blackberry so you can "Hide" unwanted apps on the app screen. AND if you're on Launcher Pro Plus, a Calendar widget was added! Very cool!
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Yea that feature been around from a couple releases ago. Its nice one.

Default Re: New launcher pro update = no bloat

Where can i get the pro plus launcher

Quote Originally Posted by scotth45 View Post
    Where can i get the pro plus launcher?
    From the similarly named website

Sweet feature! I still want to uninstall them, but hiding them will do for now.
    Moto X (Olive Green, Black front, Orange accents (Dec. 2013)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Dec. 2011) - Droid X (July 2010) - Blackberry Tour 9630 (July 2009) - Dumbphones (pre-July 2009)

I plan on trying it out eventually (I did download it after watching some videos showing off some just amazing features ). But so far I'm still enjoying the default launcher on my Captivate.

But I guess I wonder why people care if Launcher Pro can hide apps? Does anyone use the Applications area? I think of it as a holding area and I only really use the apps I have placed in one of the launcher home screens (and if it's not there, I'd likely just do a quick search for it). I never go no the Applications area unless I just downloaded something and want to put it on one of my homes screens.

So really just wondering ... thanks.

Default Re: New launcher pro update = no bloat

The calendar widget is the best I've seen, asthetically at least. And it scrolls and does everything this wannabe power user needs.

Google needs to scoop that dev up and give him a job. Along with a handful of others imo.

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid ~

I like it, except for clicking on a calendar event to view the details and having it show the year as 1969.

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

Quote Originally Posted by richpjr View Post
    I like it, except for clicking on a calendar event to view the details and having it show the year as 1969.
    yeah I noticed that too on the holidays

I also wished events were more noticeable in the calendar view
    Last edited by Argent; 08-03-2010 at 09:55 AM.
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

mine says 2010, and this is just awesome. Simply awesome.

I love LaunchePro, I think its better than ADW, but I just wish that it would get the same theme support that ADW does.

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

I think its better as well. The side swiping in the app menue annoys me for some reason. The launcher being unthemed doesnt really bother me as long as the Rom looks nice. I dont need a colored android to launch my apps instead of the square dots. I am really looking forward to his messaging app. He should also include a task/to do app to go along with the calendar.

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

I think the calendar wastes a lot of space personally, it seems everything could be condensed, at least having some options to change spacing and font size would be nice. switching to the panel with the calendar widget could just as easily be replicated by viewing the actual calendar via the app icon, and you would then have more functionality.

it needs a resize widget feature.. then it will be perfect!

Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts

Software is never perfect

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

Quote Originally Posted by dvader View Post
    it needs a resize widget feature.. then it will be perfect!
    it comes in three sizes (4x5, 4x3, 3x3) - how much smaller do you want it?
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    it comes in three sizes (4x5, 4x3, 3x3) - how much smaller do you want it?
    Jorte calendar has a ton of widgets/sizes. I use a 2x2 agenda widget that fits alongside the Got To Do 2x2 widget. Unfortunately both are rather ugly, especially together. So a 2x2 would be nice.

I would also request the ability to set what calendar opens. I prefer Jorte to the built in calendar.

the Jorte widgets do rock, there's so many the possibilities are almost endless. I would think it would be nice to be able to set which calendar app you want to open when you tap on the widget as well.
    Moto. Droid
    Rooted - Liquid Gingerbread 1.2
    ADW Launcher

Droid FTW!

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chillout80s View Post
    the Jorte widgets do rock, there's so many the possibilities are almost endless. I would think it would be nice to be able to set which calendar app you want to open when you tap on the widget as well.
    Jorte is ugly and takes up alot of memory
    If I helped you ----> Thanks button
    HTC Evo 4G
    Fang <3

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

I use Jorte and dont think its ugly. I have the black style and make the widgets almost transparent. With a darker background it looks quite nice and minimal. I use a 2x2 weekly and the 2x2 tasks side by side. To each his own but Jorte is quality along with pure calendar. The only thing launcher pro calendar is missing is tasks widget/be able to show tasks in the agenda view.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miagi View Post
    I use Jorte and dont think its ugly. I have the black style and make the widgets almost transparent. With a darker background it looks quite nice and minimal. I use a 2x2 weekly and the 2x2 tasks side by side. To each his own but Jorte is quality along with pure calendar. The only thing launcher pro calendar is missing is tasks widget/be able to show tasks in the agenda view.
    try calwidget
    If I helped you ----> Thanks button
    HTC Evo 4G
    Fang <3

Jorte isn't ugly, the widgets are quite nice with the black blackground and since I use normally darker wallpapers they are almost transparent, like mr. miagi mentioned. So far it's the best calendar app I've used. Everybody is different though so if you like something else, that's fine too.
    Moto. Droid
    Rooted - Liquid Gingerbread 1.2
    ADW Launcher

Droid FTW!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

Another feature in the newest update I found

Long press on an icon in the quick launcher bar - you now have three options

Change Shortcut
    Change Icon
    Swipe gesture action

the last is the greatest thing - you can set your icons now to do something else when you swipe up/down on them

for example - got a quick launcher set to text your significant other? set its swipe gesture to direct dial them!

it's two for the price of one! BRILLIANT!

I'm tweaking mine as I speak!
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast