Anyone using Tasker? Have any tips?

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just bought it today, waiting for the code to authorize it, and wanting to reap the bounty of your experience. Particularly I am hoping to get the most out of my battery, I have set it up to go into flight mode in the middle of the night, as well as launch the Music Player when the headphone is inserted.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I bought this and love it.

So far I have it set up to turn wi-fi on when I get home and I don't even use the GPS, it uses the cell towers. It also turns silent mode on at night on a schedule then off in the morning unless I have "Off" on my calendar. I also have it set that whenever I have anything on my calendar starting with a # it silences it during that time frame. This is great for meetings. Then I have a pop up message at night to remind me of the time when I am reading.

It is a great tool and I have been happy with it and I have just scratched the surface.

They have a Google group set up and you can check that out.

Last edited:

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I dunno, I just got a refund, it wasn't working very reliably on my Captivate. Maybe I will try the 14 day demo by side-loading it, just I didn't feel confident after spending the afternoon with it that is was going to work for me. I had to manually start each task before it would work, I had it set to sleep at night, launch the audio player, adjust the screen to bright when using the camera, and turn off wifi when I left home, but unless I went in and enabled each it didn't work reliable. I'm going to look for a free solution first before trying the demo maybe. Tell me how dumb I am if necessary :0) I can take it.

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Im using it to automatically turn on GPS when i launch Maps, Places, Navigation, FourSquare, and Geodelic. Also when I battery reaches 40% it dims my screen and turns off GPS WIFI ect.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ok I bought it again, this time there is no turning back. So please tell me how to make the most out of this app! I am also using SystemPanel, if that means anything.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought it and refunded as well. I spent several hours going through the tutorials but nothing seemed to work like the Lifehacker/Giz demos seemed to. I just wanted to start managing the Radios when launching different apps. The radios never responded.

Maybe I was doing something wrong but after several hours, I figured I'd uninstall and then try again another day when I had more time.

I’m a little disappointed. I had high hopes after reading the reviews.

filly444

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought this and love it.

So far I have it set up to turn wi-fi on when I get home and I don't even use the GPS, it uses the cell towers. It also turns silent mode on at night on a schedule then off in the morning unless I have "Off" on my calendar. I also have it set that whenever I have anything on my calendar starting with a # it silences it during that time frame. This is great for meetings. Then I have a pop up message at night to remind me of the time when I am reading.

It is a great tool and I have been happy with it and I have just scratched the surface.

They have a Google group set up and you can check that out.

I was trying to get my WiFi to turn on when I arrived at certain places such as home also, how did you create your task? This Application needs it's own place with useful Tasker functions so people can understand it's brilliance. lol I'm two steps away from getting a refund too, but it's only 6 bucks. Anyone know of a better site with useful Profiles on it besides the provided one with the app?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I dunno, I just got a refund, it wasn't working very reliably on my Captivate. Maybe I will try the 14 day demo by side-loading it, just I didn't feel confident after spending the afternoon with it that is was going to work for me. I had to manually start each task before it would work, I had it set to sleep at night, launch the audio player, adjust the screen to bright when using the camera, and turn off wifi when I left home, but unless I went in and enabled each it didn't work reliable. I'm going to look for a free solution first before trying the demo maybe. Tell me how dumb I am if necessary :0) I can take it.

No man you are not dumb in any way. It may indeed be problematic on your device. The good thing though is the developer seems VERY good at helping and answering questions. I would go to the Google groups and post your issues, I bet you will get help right away!

I would not give up on it just yet.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

You mention setting up tasks but didn't mention setting up profiles to run the tasks. Tasks don't run themselves.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
No I had profiles, sorry the terminology is new to me. I still can't get the camera profile to work correctly, but turning on wifi at my home/off 3g seems ok, the headphone insert launches music player fine, Airplane mode turned on fine @ 2am (though I ended up using the phone more after that) so it looks like there are a couple snags, but possibly I can adjust the profiles to work better on my phone.

gmmech

May 24, 2011
Visit site
GPS on when needed for location based apps

Im using it to automatically turn on GPS when i launch Maps, Places, Navigation, FourSquare, and Geodelic. Also when I battery reaches 40% it dims my screen and turns off GPS WIFI ect.

Ok That just want I want to to do!!! How did you get it done/ Steps?? Is it on the wiki page I was looking on the page but didn't find it yet.

I want GPS on when I launch a web dependent app (foursquare, browser, maps, Nav) and off when not in use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy