Hancent Question

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I have been using Handcent just fine, but the other day when the update came out, I updated to it and I have been getting nothing, but force closes all the time.

Also, when I click the Handcent icon to go into my text messages it takes at least 10-15 seconds for it to come up.

Anyone have any advice?

Wizzums#AC

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've actually been having a lot of issues with Handcent since either the latest update or since I updated to Froyo (using an EVO). I did it around the same time, so it's hard to be sure which is at fault.

My problems range from taking between 5-10 seconds to load my conversation thread list and individual text thread to completely locking up the phone for about 5 seconds when sending and receiving text messages. It's really frustrating when I'm having a conversation with someone via text and I receive an incoming message while typing a response. The phone will stop responding while I'm entering text. Finally, the vibrate will go off and it will make the audible notification noise and display the notification in my bar at the top of the phone. Sometimes, it will type out the keystrokes I hit during the time it was locked up, but not offer any autocorrection, so the majority of my words are misspelled and I have to retype them. Other times, it will completely disregard what I typed while it was locked up and act as though I had my finger held down the entire time on a single key, producing a character as though I long-pressed something on the keyboard. It's very frustrating and has made texting almost unusable.

I can say that I noticed lag when using the stock app, too, although not as bad. Assuming it was something with the phone, I did a quick hard reset. After everything was wiped, the stock app responds INSTANTLY and Handcent still has some lag issues. It's not as noticeable as before, but it's definitely still there, particularly when typing a message. I don't even have to have an incoming notification now for the keyboard to lag when typing in Handcent.

I can confirm that a friend who's using an EVO with Handcent and Froyo has the same problems.

Anybody else have anything similar?

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here, so much so I've stopped using it. I'm keeping up on the comments and all in the Market. Hopefully they update it soon with a fix. I know I emailed the developer, no word back yet.

emergenc911

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Got the same problem since either the last update or FROYO. Laggy, buggy, FC a LOT...I uninstalled it, maybe a big update will come out soon.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's been working better for me today actually and ever since last night. Not really sure why, but I am not going to complain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12