Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Default 34 linked profiles!!! WTH?

Hey so I started noticing my Droid x getting sluggish and the "sync" notification on a lot.

I just noticed that EVERY one of my contacts has 34 Linked Profiles!!! And they are all Facebook links.

I deleted the facebook app, but the links are still there for every contact.

Is there a way to delete the links without deleting them one by one?

Anyone know why this happened and how to fix it?

Thanks

Settings>My Accounts
    What's in there?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead875 View Post
    Settings>My Accounts
    What's in there?
    You mean Settings- Accounts?

Phone (backup assistant)
    Google email
    Facebook (login)
    Twitter (login)
    Twitter (twitter)

I deleted the facebook app

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

delete

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Interesting. I just checked my contact list and any of my contacts who aren't on facebook only have one linked profile, but any of my contacts who are also facebook friends have a minimum of five linked profiles. Some have more than ten! They have one which reads "facebook" and multiple which read "nativefacebook". Time to email the development team.

Yup, same problem here. Mine have 43 linked profiles each. Terrible. This recent Facebook build is baaad.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Only one for me. did you download some additional facebook apps or widgets? I'm still using the stock Motorola one.

Quote Originally Posted by jasco View Post
    Only one for me. did you download some additional facebook apps or widgets? I'm still using the stock Motorola one.
    Yeah, the problem is the Facebook application from the Market. It now gives us the option to sync our contacts like on the original Moto Droid but for some reason it is duplicating links and not even bringing in pictures!

it is merging contacts with similar names I have had to fix it many times...
    Me and the son have the same first and last names with different middles.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

It seems like they're addressing the battery issue and hopefully they catch this too and take care of it.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Ok so here is what I did. I deleted the facebook app completely from the Applications page in settings, Manage applications.

That sent my phone into reset for close to an hour!

I thought something was wrong but after an hour it started up and lo and behold the 36 links were gone and all was back to normal.

Hope this helps someone. Delete FACEBOOK!!!

Default Re: 34 linked profiles!!! WTH?

I can't even uninstall my facebook app... I go into manage applications and there are 2 facebooks.. Both uninstall buttons are grayed out.. Each one of my contacts has like 12 facebook links...

Any suggestions?

Sent from my Evo
    HTC EVO 4G - 07/29/10

John Ensign

C++; C#; Java; PHP; MySQL.

here is what I did to clean up my contacts :
    facebook -> menu -> settings -> sync contacts , selected remove facebook data , then went to android accounts and sync and ran the sync from there. That cleaned up my phone contacts.
    Thanked by:
    hls811 

I don't have anything about syncing in my settings.. I have the newer facebook, think that is the problem?

Sent from my Evo
    Last edited by EvilBore; 08-10-2010 at 01:03 PM.
    HTC EVO 4G - 07/29/10

John Ensign

I uninstalled the update then reinstalled it again... Went to accounts & sync and updated/synced everything again.. I only had to go to about 10 contacts to link them properly... Hope this helps

Sent from my Evo
    HTC EVO 4G - 07/29/10

John Ensign

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBore View Post
    I uninstalled the update then reinstalled it again... Went to accounts & sync and updated/synced everything again.. I only had to go to about 10 contacts to link them properly... Hope this helps

Sent from my Evo
    So you reinstalled the same 1.3.1 ? I too was having this problem on my Droid X.

Well, I uninstalled all of the updates and facebook apps that I could... and then reinstalled them and updated them. Then re-synced everything, with both of the facebook apps that were on my phone... Not sure why there were two, but one was the stock and the other was the one I downloaded when I went to facebook.com and clicked the link at the bottom of the page saying something like "Download Facebook App."

After I re-synced the contacts, I had to go into my contacts and fix like 10 or so of them because they were not all linked. It happened again today tho, where I needed to re-link... So I wonder whats going on.. its kind of an annoyance to keep trying to fix.
    HTC EVO 4G - 07/29/10

John Ensign

Just noticed this on my phone too. Each contact has 160 linked profiles. I'm unable to remove the links from facebook through facebook, it just freezes. The phone is barely usable. Going to try to remove the application. I also turned off autosync for the time being until this gets fixed.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by riste601 View Post
    here is what I did to clean up my contacts :
    facebook -> menu -> settings -> sync contacts , selected remove facebook data , then went to android accounts and sync and ran the sync from there. That cleaned up my phone contacts.
    This worked for me...

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I'm having a similar problem .... but the difference is, my contacts are all fine. They only show one for every person. However, the problem is when I go to MESSAGES > ADD PERSON, there is 4 or 5 of everyone with identical information.

How do I fix this??

Lightbulb

Had the same problem with 31 linked profiles, it was driving me nuts because when I typed a name to send an sms, it would give me 31 identical entries. Anyway here's what fixed mine:

Install the latest release (3.1.2)
    Go to Accounts>Facebook
    Uncheck Sync
    Check Sync again.

Worked perfectly for me.

Good luck
    Motorola Droid^X!

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Not sure if anyone has mentioned, but a real nice app that syncs only the contacts photo with facebooks is SyncMyPix.

SyncMyPix - Android app on AppBrain