Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    are there any of these programs for laptops i know certain models have them but about 3rd party vendors
    For PC Facial recognition check out Blink.

Luxand - Blink! - Login to Your PC by Simply Looking at It!

Signed up to be a beta tester... Cant wait and ill report how it goes..
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Will it have a backup password option? It makes me nervous if an app locks a device without a backup way to still get in in case the app fails, or does not work for whatever reason. I LOVE the idea of the app if it works fast.
    Yes it will have the option of a PIN entry, or you can set it to use both the Iris or Pin or Face or Pin....

This application works on both my Dell 17" and Asus netbook. The Dell is rather fast, the Asus though takes about a minute or so. It also recognizes faster with the glasses off.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    For PC Facial recognition check out Blink.

Luxand - Blink! - Login to Your PC by Simply Looking at It!
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

How about finger scanner will it have that option too?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

No finger scan. Not really possible using the cameras or the screen.

Dont get me wrong, this sounds really cool but im more interested in crosstalk. Being a blackberry convert and this app having bbm integration?! Im in
    HTC Shooter

Stalk Me

Looks very interesting. I'm signed up!

Any progress or updates??

We are nearing the end of the month...any updates? Should know something by now it it were to be released when stated.

Wasnt that biowallet supposed to have eye scanning too or facial recognition? They were talking about that years ago and still no dice. All biowallet has is the signature thing.

As per their website forum.

BioLock V1.0 BioMetric Security BETA SIGNUP - Page 8 - BioLock Biometric Security - Blue Planet Apps - Forum

Not to get anyone "down" but it looks like BioLock's beta release will take a little bit longer... but not too much longer
    Admin
    BluePlanetApps, LLC
    Blue Planet Apps
    Twitter: @blueplanetapps

Wow sounds really cool! Your app/company reminds me of Terminator movie and the company Cyberdyne Systems. Haha.

Any updates on this at all??
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

We are going to be showing it to a major OEM soon, so I will have more details after that happens. It was supposed to be released already, but now that they got involved things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BluePLanetMan View Post
    We are going to be showing it to a major OEM soon, so I will have more details after that happens. It was supposed to be released already, but now that they got involved things have changed.
    READ; We won't be allowing the general public to use it now that we can sell it to a company that will make it available only to their customers.

ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

I wish I could say you were wrong. I have know idea what the future of BioLock will be at this point. I personally would like to see it used by everyone, but as a developer I can't exactly turn down an opportunity like this either. Lets see what happens... but I will take this concern with me when I meet with them shortly.

-Jason

Yeah that's great.... I bet android never even sees this now, and that it goes to the iphone ....... Wouldn't that be some BS.

God, I hope not the iPhone. As an Android app, at least we may be able to rip the apk and use it on other devices.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanalan82i View Post
    Yeah that's great.... I bet android never even sees this now, and that it goes to the iphone ....... Wouldn't that be some BS.
    Well, I would not worry too much. Firstly, iPhone does not give us access to the lock screen without jailbreaking, so if it runs on the iPhone is will be a limited version at best.

As the CEO of Blue Planet Apps my goal is to get this app into your hands, not on a shelf somewhere. I will keep you all in the loop as things progress.

-Jason

kinda lame to get everyone hyped up about this and testing the beta then sellout...should never have even brought it up. just saying.

I agree and disagree. I agree that it was kind of a tease that we would be able to try it out etc...

But business is business and if an opportunity comes along to make you money, I would take it as well.

It kind of sucks for us but you cannot fault the guy for that.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Guy, I hear you. My plan was to put this in beta, and things did change that, but I still think a public beta will happen. Stay tuned, as more things firm up I will release details about whats been going on. So far so good.

-Jason

Seriously, you should change your web site to reflect this updated status...

Scott

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Mine: Misc Flips -> LG Env -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> DroidX -> Droid Bionic!
    Wife: Misc Flips -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> BB 9550 (S2) -> Droid X!
    Kids: Samsung Fascinate (2) --- Family: Rooted Nook Color (2)
    Ya just gotta LOVE how Android lets you customize your devices how YOU want them!
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    ARHD 8.0

How about everyone waits to see what happens instead of slamming the guy? I too would be interested in this, and if it happens to come to beta great...if not, then not. I didnt have it before, and ill be fine without it

Being the supposed CEO of the company, he has to make decisions that are in the best interests of said company. If that means ticking some people off then so be it, either way if this product is as good as hes claiming, its going to sell regardless of all your rants against him for doing this or that.

If we all get into a beta test,,,Hooray for us!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast