Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 75 of 75
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #51  
    Shay D. Life's Avatar
    Android Advocate

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

    Default

    Oh wow. This is one hell of a downer. All of this time I've sent you messages, registered on the site, requested to do beta....now I find out that it all may have been to no avail.

    Well, Good Luck.
    I sure hope it's worth it to let so many people down.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

    Default

    Here is a rather poor video of me using BioLock's Face Verification... I will make a better one asap.. Iris video coming shortly...



    BluePlanetMan
    @blueplanetapps
  3. #53  
    Shay D. Life's Avatar
    Android Advocate

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

    Default

    So have you come to a conclusion about where it will be going, or if there will be a beta for us loyal people?

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. #54  
    bnob99's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

    Default

    Some real babies on this forum. Good for this company if they have a product that gets bought up by a larger company. I hope they get a nice payday. Would I like to use this? Of course, but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape because it might not happen. These guys put ridiculous hours into creating something and if they can be rewarded for that then great.
  5. #55  
    Shay D. Life's Avatar
    Android Advocate

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

    Default

    Nice. Lmao.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. #56  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluePLanetMan View Post
    Here is a rather poor video of me using BioLock's Face Verification... I will make a better one asap.. Iris video coming shortly...



    BluePlanetMan
    @blueplanetapps
    Pretty Cool!
  7. #57  

    Default

    Looks cool... Sucks we wont get it... Oh well
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

    Default

    Guys, I spent 2 hours at a "nameless" company arguing the case of the "little people" which is what I am... I want to see BioLock available for all... not tucked onto one handset or just one provider. But between you and me, you know its just a matter of rooting and grabbing the app and then we all have it... case in point.. yahoo IM video But I hear you...
  9. #59  
    Tower72's Avatar
    Gigantic Member

    Posts
    412 Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm 2.3

    Default

    looks pretty hot...tho im sad to see it on the Epic :P lol..regardless I like it and cant wait to see what happens with it!
  10. #60  
    Shay D. Life's Avatar
    Android Advocate

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluePLanetMan View Post
    Guys, I spent 2 hours at a "nameless" company arguing the case of the "little people" which is what I am... I want to see BioLock available for all... not tucked onto one handset or just one provider. But between you and me, you know its just a matter of rooting and grabbing the app and then we all have it... case in point.. yahoo IM video But I hear you...
    Apologies if I came off wrong.
    It was nothing personal as the other poster made it seem. I just hate to see apps go to certain devices (i.e: iPhone) and we on android can never hope to see it. As far as grabbing the apk. off of devices, I feel that you wouldn't be getting your proper acknowledgement. At the end of the day these choices are solely yours, so regardless of what any of us think...you still come out on top.
  11. #61  

    Default

    I just dont see a point in coming on here and getting people hyped up if its going to be privatized.
    Thanked by:
  12. #62  
    Dural's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Good luck to the inventors, I like the entrepreneurial spirit.
  13. #63  
    E_man's Avatar

    Posts
    493 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sin1134 View Post
    I just dont see a point in coming on here and getting people hyped up if its going to be privatized.
    I get the impression he didn't know it would at the beginning.

    Sent from my phone. Ignore the typos.
  14. #64  

    Default

    Give the guy some slack. He developed an application indented to be distributed one way and an opportunity presented itself so he took it.

    You would have done the same, it is business. At least he kept us in the loop.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks
  15. #65  

    Default

    where is the download link ?
  16. #66  
    Shay D. Life's Avatar
    Android Advocate

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

    Default

    Whoa. Thought this would have been closed by now.

    PLEASE CLOSE THREAD!
    mastergollum likes this.
  17. #67  

    Default

    Not until an apk gets posted lol

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

    Default

    Hello fellow Androiders,

    Here is the long awaited update. After an interesting testing period, where BioLock was tested on various devices, we took the software into stealth mode and reworked some of its features. Here is the current status of the project and what we are planning to release very shortly.

    BioLock Biometric Security as it has been known for so long must go through a name change due to a Trademark conflict with another company. Apparently owns the rights to the word BioLock and so we cannot use it.

    Henceforce you shall be known as.... Cyclops WebSecure.

    The Cyclops technology will eventually provide a host of services to both consumers and enterprise customers looking to add a high level of security for devices and web logins. The first version of Cyclops to be released will be a variation on BioLock as you have seen it, but for most devices it will only include Voice Biometrics. This is simply due to the fragmentation problem supporting all the different front facing cameras on devices, and not due to Face recognition problems. Some devices will be released with Face Recognition as an option, only the Euro Samsung Galaxy tablet running 2.2.1, Galaxy S running 2.2.1+ and the HTC Evo. Other devices will role out as soon as we can get the front cameras supported.

    What Cyclops does? It allows you to authenticate your web logins securely via your biometric signature from your mobile device. How it does this exactly will be shown later, but it is very secure, nobody actually ever sees your login credentials, and they are only stored on a Microsoft Azure Cloud process, so again, quite safe.

    We are sure this will provide a level of authentication for logins that has been lacking for a very long time.

    Look for the release here on Android Central in the coming weeks.

    Happy Android Days.

    BluePlanetMan
    Twitter: @blueplanetapps
  19. #69  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluePLanetMan View Post
    Hello fellow Androiders,

    Here is the long awaited update. After an interesting testing period, where BioLock was tested on various devices, we took the software into stealth mode and reworked some of its features. Here is the current status of the project and what we are planning to release very shortly.

    BioLock Biometric Security as it has been known for so long must go through a name change due to a Trademark conflict with another company. Apparently owns the rights to the word BioLock and so we cannot use it.

    Henceforce you shall be known as.... Cyclops WebSecure.

    The Cyclops technology will eventually provide a host of services to both consumers and enterprise customers looking to add a high level of security for devices and web logins. The first version of Cyclops to be released will be a variation on BioLock as you have seen it, but for most devices it will only include Voice Biometrics. This is simply due to the fragmentation problem supporting all the different front facing cameras on devices, and not due to Face recognition problems. Some devices will be released with Face Recognition as an option, only the Euro Samsung Galaxy tablet running 2.2.1, Galaxy S running 2.2.1+ and the HTC Evo. Other devices will role out as soon as we can get the front cameras supported.

    What Cyclops does? It allows you to authenticate your web logins securely via your biometric signature from your mobile device. How it does this exactly will be shown later, but it is very secure, nobody actually ever sees your login credentials, and they are only stored on a Microsoft Azure Cloud process, so again, quite safe.

    We are sure this will provide a level of authentication for logins that has been lacking for a very long time.

    Look for the release here on Android Central in the coming weeks.

    Happy Android Days.

    BluePlanetMan
    Twitter: @blueplanetapps
    Can't wait!

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  20. #70  
    Shay D. Life's Avatar
    Android Advocate

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

    Default Re: BioLock V1.0 Biometric Security

    I hope this is acually true. I've been following this app, and waiting for it to drop, and signing up for the forum to be a part of the beat group that never happen.....well, you see where I'm going.
  21. #71  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shay D. Life View Post
    I hope this is acually true. I've been following this app, and waiting for it to drop, and signing up for the forum to be a part of the beat group that never happen.....well, you see where I'm going.
    Yea I think it's a dead deal

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Shay D. Life likes this.
  22. #72  
    Shay D. Life's Avatar
    Android Advocate

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

    Default Re: BioLock V1.0 Biometric Security

    Well, it looks like someone beat this out the gate.
    Visidon AppLock


    There's a Pro version only costing $1.99 and it works great.
  23. #73  
    JavaDevelop's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7

    Default Re: BioLock V1.0 Biometric Security

    What would people think about having an app that allows multi-factor authentication, and has several device authentication options (eg. iris scan, voice passcode, barcode/QR passcode, NFC, etc)?

    Is there an interested market in having more available ways to unlock your device?
    What about having an authentication app which not only unlocks your phone, but also can be used to single sign-on to other apps on device?
  24. #74  
    Cory Streater's Avatar
    Forums Emeritus

    Posts
    13,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

    Default Re: BioLock V1.0 Biometric Security

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleTrak View Post
    What would people think about having an app that allows multi-factor authentication, and has several device authentication options (eg. iris scan, voice passcode, barcode/QR passcode, NFC, etc)?

    Is there an interested market in having more available ways to unlock your device?
    What about having an authentication app which not only unlocks your phone, but also can be used to single sign-on to other apps on device?
    I happen to be a security engineer by trade, and not only is there interest, but also a requirement for dual and multi-factor authentication mechanisms within corporations and government agencies.

    At the federal level, government agencies are required to become CJIS compliant, which is a general set of security requirements -- one of which mandates dual factor and strong authentication of all mobile devices. Without it mobile devices will not be allowed to connect to internal systems.

    Corporations with strong security standards are also requiring dual and multi factor authentication for access to internal corporate assets. Biometric systems, token based authentication, device certificates, etc + user name and password are all methods that will meet this requirement.

    Focus on the authentication types above is necesary for Android to penetrate a segment of the population that's equally as large as the direct consumer market.

    I think this will be especially true of the tablet market space - a type of device that is definitely a candidate for more business oriented mobile apps. This topic is probably a yawner to a lot of our readers, but it's an important thing to consider.

    Of all the ones you listed, I'm not sure NFC would be an acceptable form of authentication. Although I can think of a few creative scenarios where it could be useful and implemented in a way that provides strong security.

    SecurID and a few other Market apps meet dual-factor authentication. A lot of other apps that appear to be dual factor authentication, do not actually meet the requirement because the second and even first factor are all validated locally vs. remotely through RADIUS, SecurID and other remote servers (like phone factor)
  25. #75  
    JavaDevelop's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7

    Default Re: BioLock V1.0 Biometric Security

    Cory,

    How do I DM you in this forum? You and I have more in common than you might imagine. I'd like to have a discussion offline, if possible.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

B