Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

Default Android TweetDeck - Beta Test

new post from Tweetdeck, an update on an Android client going into Beta testing:

What I found really interesting, and exciting, is that the focus is on developing the Android app fully and then porting to iPhone.

Text from post:

Interestingly Android TweetDeck also represents the future of our iPhone and iPad applications. We'll have a few bug fix releases shortly (awaiting approval in the app store) but in the background we are working on porting Android to iPhone in as quick a time as possible. Finally, it won't be long before most of the new concepts in Android TweetDeck make it to the desktop and web - we're also working on this now.

Beat me to it! But I'm interested and seeing what Tweetdeck brings to Android

I hope it will sync timelines,with phone and desktop... the one thing i miss from my iphone with echofon.
    Last edited by kicko; 08-09-2010 at 01:05 PM.

I use Tweetdeck at home all the time, it's a real nice desktop application on my pc. I'd be anxious to see what they come up with for Android.
    Moto. Droid
    Rooted - Liquid Gingerbread 1.2
    ADW Launcher

Droid FTW!
    Android Advocate

Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

Hopefully they'll be able to implement the user streams for instant tweets like the desktop beta version.

Good. I'm ready for to lose 3/4ths of these apps on my phone anyway.

ROM
    Stock

Tweet deck "chants"
    Samsung galaxy Nexus i9250 stock

Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    Good. I'm ready for to lose 3/4ths of these apps on my phone anyway.
    same with me! I keep switching between several twitter apps; none of them have exactly what I'm looking for. I can't wait to try TweetDeck on my Evo.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

well a leaked version of Tweetdeck came out...

tried it for 5 minutes...

Pros-

• FAST!
    • Great UI

Cons-

• Couldn't update/tweet!
    • Input area and keyboard were glitchy, if you back out and go back in, you would lose the ability to see both.
    • Couldn't customize (colors, text size, other)

It's a promising start but since I couldnt tweet I uninstalled it. Look forward to when this app is finished!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

Iain Dodsworth (CEO TweetDeck) commented on this post that its an early build and different from the beta they are working on.

Again, its a good start, it was very smooth! I only messed around with it for 5 min bc it launched quick, set up was a breeze and screens appeared instantaneously.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

To tweet, click on the icon in the lower left corner. Once at the tweet screen, you have to select what service you want the post, posted to. Click in the dialogue box, type your msg and hit send. It works.

You can, from the post screen, add location, upload pictures and add contacts to the post.

The input area does need a bit of work, but who knows how old this beta is? The version they release later this week could be light years ahead of what we're playing around with now.

I do think it's interesting that they chose to just have tweets from TD for Android, just show up as "Sent from TweetDeck".
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

Send button didn't function. Possibly didnt select a service but i only set up one twitter account so i didnt check on that.

*thumbs up*

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by limitproof View Post
    Send button didn't function. Possibly didnt select a service but i only set up one twitter account so i didnt check on that.

*thumbs up*
    Yeah, the send button is greyed out until you select the service to post to.

This is an early beta, so I'm sure the one TD releases tomorrow will be 10x better.

TweetDeck just tweeted that the real beta will drop tomorrow!
    Last edited by chrisb3; 08-11-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

@Tweetdeck just gave us a date for the beta release!

They just tweeted: "Leaked version of Android TweetDeck is an old build, recommend you avoid until real beta drops tomorrow"

I've been playing around with the leaked build and can say it's fast and simple. Can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for us!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

Thumbs up

Tweetdeck beta tomorrow! yes! Going to be a big day for Android! Google Announcement + TD.

From my initial look and the TechCrunch preview post, I liken TD on Android to SocialScope on BlackBerry.

Yes.

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Anyone know when this is being released today?

I use TweetDeck as my favorite twtter client on my Mac, looking forward to it on android.

I really like Touiteur, but I will definitely be checking this one out just to see how it works. I love tweekdeck on my pc at home.
    Moto. Droid
    Rooted - Liquid Gingerbread 1.2
    ADW Launcher

Droid FTW!

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillK View Post
    Anyone know when this is being released today?
    Word on the interwebs is sometime this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillout80s View Post
    I really like Touiteur, but I will definitely be checking this one out just to see how it works. I love tweekdeck on my pc at home.
    Same here. Can't hurt to try!

Its LIVE!

Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Can we not change ANY settings on this? There is no settings menu that I can find to enable audible notifications or even just set any types of settings outside of account configuration.

Aside from that, loving it.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

Quote Originally Posted by ock View Post
    Can we not change ANY settings on this?
    The same thing was on my mind. I figured out how to turn off new tweet notifications, but as far as refresh intervals, audible aleerts, etc... No clue. Aside from that, and no widget, it's a decent start.

UPDATE: From what I can also tell, there is no way of sharing from external sources. We've only got to hope that features such as this will be implemented in the final release.
    Last edited by rayzaname; 08-12-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kicko View Post
    Its LIVE!

Woohoo! I got it and it looks nice so far! I do wish it would timestamp each individual tweet (even in smaller font would be good), but it's easy enough to see the top time change for each tweet brought to the top of the screen.

We'll see how I like it after using it a while.
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - rooted but still stock for now.
    Nook Color running CM7

Quote Originally Posted by FractalSphere View Post
    Woohoo! I got it and it looks nice so far! I do wish it would timestamp each individual tweet (even in smaller font would be good), but it's easy enough to see the top time change for each tweet brought to the top of the screen.

We'll see how I like it after using it a while.
    It seems to pick one main twitter account and no unified timeline. It will however show other accounts such as FB, BUzz, etc. It needs lots of setting adjustments added, we will see what is to come. Signing in with one account does not impress me much. Once you sign in with them all once, it saves the passwords anyways in any app.

I wish someone would make an app like echofon on the iphone where the timeline sync with the desktop and you can swap back and fourth without reading old tweets.

I will say the UI is fairly nice, just needs to get rid of that AARP size font.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast