PIM with Outlook sync

Rooster99

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I've revisited this issue and found the following PIMs that sync with Outlook. Still exploring, but here they are with a summary of my findings to date :

- Pocket Informant (full featured PIM, only syncs using their PI on line system)
- DejaOffice syncing using CompanionLink (full featured PIM, syncs using USB but getting odd results from the sync, with records lost and more but it maybe my fumbled installation so testing further)
- Android-sync (semi-full-featured PIM, syncs using USB, lots of positive reviews but have not fully tested the sync)
- VcOrganizer Pro (full featured PIM, syncs using USB, mixed reviews, haven't tested it but will)

I would test the h3ll out of any new PIM as they all handle conflicts differently, some not well, and recurring entries may/may not work. I've also had basic things like new Notes not be synced. You may also wish to consider if you want the data to be mirrored into the native Android Calendar/People apps so it is available for any other apps that use that data. This is a treacherous area to be in!

- R.

Rooster99

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I finally settled on VCOrganizer. Nice product (full PIM), solid Outlook sync. Will also keep your Google People and Calendar apps synced if you wish.

- R.