Facebook chat for droid?

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Well there has been several references to the problems with Facebook. With the head of the apple team quitting the facebook app. perhaps he is looking into a more open source place to build one...

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Go to the 'marketplace' app on your Droid and search for 'meebo im'. It should come up and just click to install. After it installs just find it and click on it and press 'add accounts' and just put in your facebook login. Make sure that you are online for chats on your computer and then your online facebook contacts will show up on Meebo.

thekC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Facebook chat also works on your browser, albeit a little screwy. When you're viewing the m.facebook page/x.facebook page, scroll to the bottom and click 'full site', that takes you to main FB page. Scroll on down, you'll see chat ready to use.

Zooming in throws it off a bit.

In fact, I'm FB chatting with two people right now on my phone with what I explained above.

Last edited:

diablod

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ok, regarding meebo, does anyone else encounter it regularly kicking you out, cuz that happens to me constantly and it gets frustrating, i go through the browser now too, but as stated, it gets screwy too

Phil4

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
ReChat (facebook chat for android) http://refineandroid.doodlekit.com/

Check ReChat (facebook chat for android): Applications - RefineAndroid : powered by Doodlekit
- multiple accounts;
- plain/bubble views. Customize avatar/font sizes.
- font packs (download separate apk to keep memory).
- full Unicode support;
- customize income message notification: default sound/your sound file, LED, vibration, status bar notification.
- chat history. Export (email) selected messages, open chat messages, whole history for a contact, whole history for all contacts. Archive attachment with 7zip.

Facebook features:
- all non-chat permissions are revoked, customize period.
- upload image (several share options)
- send image to a contact (private wall post).
- send message to a contact (as a private event or private wall post).
- set status message.

rechat_contacts.gif

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc