Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ichpen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ichpen's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Hi all,

    Recently made the transition from a BB Z10 to an S4. Whilst I enjoy the android experience I'm stuck for finding a good combined/unified email client. The Samsung S4 client is okish though slow at times and non-skinnable from what I can tell. It also doesn't give me many sort options. Same goes for splanner which brings on feelings of sickness with its brownish motif.

    I need a better looking client with good activesync support AND your pop/imap also as well as a better integrated calendar/task application if possible.

    Seems from my investigation there's very few choices:
    1. Touchdown - will work with my corporate activesync policy and it's a nicer looking client but does not support pop/imap or multiple accounts for that matter
    2. Enhanced Email - doesn't work well with corp activesync and is currently a bit broken on JB
    3. Moxier - as bad as the stock email client
    4. K9 - doesn't look like it will work with corp activesync

    Any other suggestions? Kind of stuck on this one.

    Appreciate it.
    Last edited by ichpen; 06-12-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    4fool likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Try AquaMail.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    ichpen's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Try AquaMail.
    No activesync support.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post
    No activesync support.
    Sorry about that as I do not use activesync, so I wasn't sure.
    Aquamail is great for multiple email accounts including POP/IMAP.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    ichpen's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Sorry about that as I do not use activesync, so I wasn't sure.
    Aquamail is great for multiple email accounts including POP/IMAP.
    No worries. Thanks for chiming in.

    Anyone else with any suggestions?
  6. #6  

    Default

    I like MailDroid, but I don't know about activesync.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Just to let you know, the reason why these free apps don't support activesync is because Microsoft wants a royalty for every installation plus a 5 digit deposit as part of their licensing agreement for using activesync. This is why Touchdown/Moxier charges such a high fee for their software.

    Depending on the phone maker, you will get some activesync support but it is limited. Touchdown is a very strong exchange client, I would recommend using them for exchange setup and the stock android mail client for your pop/imap services.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    ichpen's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    Just to let you know, the reason why these free apps don't support activesync is because Microsoft wants a royalty for every installation plus a 5 digit deposit as part of their licensing agreement for using activesync. This is why Touchdown/Moxier charges such a high fee for their software.

    Depending on the phone maker, you will get some activesync support but it is limited. Touchdown is a very strong exchange client, I would recommend using them for exchange setup and the stock android mail client for your pop/imap services.
    I don't mind paying for this even higher than average prices. More interested in getting fully functional. I guess I'll try touchdown HD as that seems to be the latest and mix it with a regular pop/imap client. Might ditch the stock client altogether and get with something like aqua or enhanced email (whenever they get around to updating it properly). As stock leaves a lot to the imagination i.e. little in the way of calendar/notes/task integration.

    Thanks all for your inputs.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    FWIW, the developer of AquaMail is very responsive to problems. You might want to email him to discuss Activesync.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    I recently starting using "PROFILMAIL" and it is very close to the perfect email client for my needs. More details at their site
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Former BB user needs a solid email client

    Quote Originally Posted by garyt View Post
    I recently starting using "PROFILMAIL" and it is very close to the perfect email client for my needs. More details at their site
    Nowhere does it state that it supports activesync.

Similar Threads

  1. Former BB user
    By mikah_31 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 07:34 PM
  2. Questions from a former BB user
    By bb2and in forum BlackBerry
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 02:22 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
  5. Former BB User - looking for calendar events listing
    By jlb0071 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 04:23 PM

Posting Permissions

B