[New app] Jift for Facebook and Google+

crAndroid72

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
we've just released Jift for Android (Jift for Google+ and Facebook on your Android and iOS device) which has a conception to be an app to view and update multiple social networks in one place. It currently supports Facebook and Google Plus, (with Twitter support currently in development).

Use Jift as an alternative client for Facebook or Google+, OR even use both networks at the same time! Read, post, cross-post Facebook-GooglePlus, comment, check-in, view friends, pages, profiles, circles, notifications, and more.

We are wondering to know which networks would be better to add next? and which features for those networks do you use more often?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Nice looking app. I'm glad to see it follows the recent design guidelines. I haven't done much with Facebook recently, perhaps giving this a try will turn me back into a secret user.

Posted via Android Central App

crAndroid72

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I hope you will find helpful
Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Nice looking app. I'm glad to see it follows the recent design guidelines. I haven't done much with Facebook recently, perhaps giving this a try will turn me back into a secret user.

Posted via Android Central App

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just a couple of quick observations.

1. I'm running on a Droid DNA and the header seems menu bar at the top seems rather large. The images that display in the feed also look fuzzy. I wonder if it's a resolution thing. I'll try it on my Nexus 7 later and compare. If it still seems odd, I'll provide screenshots.

2. I like the pull down to refresh behavior that is seen in GMail and Google+ (iOS only). It would be nice to see Jift implement it too.

3. Swiping to the right from the left bezel to launch the Navigation Drawer seems hit or miss.

4. I am probably not the usual case, but I would prefer the ability to remove adds be mentioned the first time I log in or directly from the Google Play Store.

5. The interface almost too flat. Not that I think the Google+ card design should be replicated, but I would find additional definition between posts more visually appealing.

6. Once a feed has completely loaded, scrolling is very nice.

7. Once more feeds have been added, I would consider not displaying headers for the feeds not selected by the user.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
A couple of additional notes.

1. I noticed the time in the feeds uses the 24 hour clock. Might want to make it a preference for Americans that think the 24hr clock is a metric measurement of time.

2. Google+ posts from Google Music do display or link properly. Hopefully Phil doesn't mind using him as an example in the screenshots:

2013-06-25_19-58-07.jpg2013-06-25_20-01-10.jpg

3. I installed Jift on my Nexus 7. The text and images look much better on a 720 display than a 1080 display.

4. Kudos to Jift for recognizing on my Nexus 7 that paid the fee to remove the ads.

Steve

dakingofhtx

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I just found this app in Google Play. I have been looking for an app that incorporates G+, FB and Twitter. I am also experiencing resolution problems and I am using a Motorola Xoom and Galaxy Note 2. I like the card design. I wish it flowed smooth and seemless like the G+ app. When Quoting, Retweeting or Forwarding a picture, I wish it would post the picture and not a link to that picture. Outside of these issues so far, its a great app.

Kevin Algiers

May 13, 2013
Visit site
What happened to this app? I had it installed but factory reset my phone yesterday. Now I notice that it's not in the play store and I can't find any information as to why it's gone.