1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Default Best Podcast App???

Coming from the Palm Pre and I'm looking for a good Podcast app. I'd like it to have the option to download podcasts but normally I stream them while driving. I just go the Evo.

For downloading podcast, I used DoggCatcher. However, I've recently started to just stream them from Stitcher....much simpler to manage.
    Thanked by:
    Litt 

Default Re: Best Podcast App???

Doggcatcher is my favorite.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Litt 

I've been using Doggcatcher. Kind of like it, with plenty of setup choices, but I find the structure enormously confusing. I have to fumble around every time I want to change anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Litt 

I'm not really sure if this offers the functionality you are looking for, but I like I don't really listen to many podcasts tho, so I'm not really sure how effective this really is. I basically just listen to the Android Central podcast, then an odd one here and there. Hmmm I should start listening to more. But yea, I like Listen, but don't know how functional it is, or if it even a "real" podcatcher.
    Thanked by:
    Litt 

I've been using dPod since I got my Droid X and I love it. Plain and simple.
    Phone History : Motorola e815 -> LG VX8300 -> BlackBerry Pearl 8130 -> BlackBerry Tour 9630 -> Droid X
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Thanked by:
    Litt 

Quote Originally Posted by zachflauaus View Post
    I've been using dPod since I got my Droid X and I love it. Plain and simple.
    Every time I try and add a podcast on dpod it tells me the network is not available. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using a Droid 2.

ROM
    Evo: CM7

I'm wondering the same thing. I've been looking at these two but can't decided:

or

I'm leaning towards BeyondPod because it's sleep timer feature. I'd really like to have a daily podcast start in the AM as my alarm.

Also I like that BeyondPod has a 7 day trial.

ROM
    AOKP

I use Listen for audio. The great thing is that it syncs with Google Reader so you can access and play your podcasts from the web if you want to (creates a folder for listen subscriptions). For video the Mediafly apps are nice as they are available on many platforms. You can download or stream.

ROM
    Evo: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by swest6602 View Post
    I use Listen for audio. The great thing is that it syncs with Google Reader so you can access and play your podcasts from the web if you want to (creates a folder for listen subscriptions). For video the Mediafly apps are nice as they are available on many platforms. You can download or stream.

Can you schedule downloads in Listen?

MortPlayer is great.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

.PodKast. seems to be a good one i been checking it out..
    Follow Ya Boy @BiGTo0T

I used PodTrapper on the BlackBerry and loved it. The developer is currently in beta with a release for Android. The beta works great now and once he gets a few last issue resolved it will be the ideal podcast app for Android. IMHO

Check it out at versatilemoney dot com.

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Reviving this thread. I'm currently trying to decide btwn DoggCatcher and PodTrapper (PT being $1 more at 7.99 in the Market). I've heard good things about both but PT is relatively new to Android and was excellent on the Blackberry platform. Anyone have any thoughts between these two? Thanks.

I've used both; Podtrapper is superior in terms of options because it lets you customize individual podcasts' settings. For example, you can make one download via wifi only, and others over-the-air. Unless I'm wrong I don't believe DoggCatcher has this type of customization. That said, I like the DC's UI more and don't need the extra options PT offers, so that's what I've been using.
    Thanked by:

Doubletwist does podcasts and streams radio and will play your music. Best of all? It's still free in the market. Give it a try.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo on Hero action here!
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.