Best Podcast App???

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the Palm Pre and I'm looking for a good Podcast app. I'd like it to have the option to download podcasts but normally I stream them while driving. I just go the Evo.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
For downloading podcast, I used DoggCatcher. However, I've recently started to just stream them from Stitcher....much simpler to manage.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Doggcatcher. Kind of like it, with plenty of setup choices, but I find the structure enormously confusing. I have to fumble around every time I want to change anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure if this offers the functionality you are looking for, but I like Google Listen. I don't really listen to many podcasts tho, so I'm not really sure how effective this really is. I basically just listen to the Android Central podcast, then an odd one here and there. Hmmm I should start listening to more. But yea, I like Listen, but don't know how functional it is, or if it even a "real" podcatcher.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing. I've been looking at these two but can't decided:

BeyondPod or DoggCatcher

I'm leaning towards BeyondPod because it's sleep timer feature. I'd really like to have a daily podcast start in the AM as my alarm.

Also I like that BeyondPod has a 7 day trial.

swest6602

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I use Listen for audio. The great thing is that it syncs with Google Reader so you can access and play your podcasts from the web if you want to (creates a folder for listen subscriptions). For video the Mediafly apps are nice as they are available on many platforms. You can download or stream.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Listen for audio. The great thing is that it syncs with Google Reader so you can access and play your podcasts from the web if you want to (creates a folder for listen subscriptions). For video the Mediafly apps are nice as they are available on many platforms. You can download or stream.

Can you schedule downloads in Listen?

AedansDad

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I used PodTrapper on the BlackBerry and loved it. The developer is currently in beta with a release for Android. The beta works great now and once he gets a few last issue resolved it will be the ideal podcast app for Android. IMHO

Check it out at versatilemoney dot com.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Reviving this thread. I'm currently trying to decide btwn DoggCatcher and PodTrapper (PT being $1 more at 7.99 in the Market). I've heard good things about both but PT is relatively new to Android and was excellent on the Blackberry platform. Anyone have any thoughts between these two? Thanks.

757EliasHZ

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've used both; Podtrapper is superior in terms of options because it lets you customize individual podcasts' settings. For example, you can make one download via wifi only, and others over-the-air. Unless I'm wrong I don't believe DoggCatcher has this type of customization. That said, I like the DC's UI more and don't need the extra options PT offers, so that's what I've been using.

Reactions: Pre-dawn raid

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Doubletwist does podcasts and streams radio and will play your music. Best of all? It's still free in the market. Give it a try.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo on Hero action here!