Checkbook Register app for both Android and iOS platforms - w/ auto-syncing?

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks - I'm hoping someone can give me a hand with finding a great financial app. I'm a new convert from iOS, and when I was still using my 4S, I used an app called MoneyWiz for managing my checking/saving accounts. There's a version for the Mac and for iDevices, and it would automatically sync transactions entered between devices as I made them. Switching over to Android, unfortunately, meant giving up the app - at least for a little while, since an Android version is on its way, but not anytime soon. And now that I'm on Android, and the wife's still on iOS, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a great checkbook register app (entering income/expense transactions) that we can use between the two platforms, and ideally has a Mac/PC version available as well? I don't really care so much about hooking into the accounts through the banks, etc., but if there was also a scheduled recurring payment calendar-type function too, that'd be killer. I'm all for using MoneyWiz once the Android version is released, but for now, having an app the wife and I can share to keep up with our accounts would be fantastic and crazy-helpful. Thanks!

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You might want to check an app named PocketMoney. It is available in IOS, Android, & Desktop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks - I actually contacted the company (you guys) about it and got the same answer. Until that happens though, I'll need something to help manage finances between my wife and I that's available for both platforms, not just iOS. When MoneyWiz finally makes it to Android, depending on how invested we are in the replacement software, we may revisit MoneyWiz as our goto app.

Thanks!

Cheers!

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
MoneyWiz is out for Android, ipad, and Mac and it works great! Each one is slightly different in appearance and function but they all work together seemlessly. Yes, each one is a separate app and has to be purchased separately. Oddly enough, I haven't actually found the place to put a check number but it is a check register. I've been putting it in the Description Block. Hopefully, someday it will also be able to actually print checks like Quicken. The price adds up but the comfort of knowing exactly how much your balance is anywhere on any device is worth it for me.

djnelsoniam1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
what app did you find? that you are currently using to share check register between IOS and Android? My wife and I are in the same boat. I visited the iTunes App store and the version of MoneyWiz they are selling says nothing about android.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Or you can try Pocket Money like I mentioned in #2 way back in 2013. They have ios, Android, and Windows desktop versions that can all sync with each other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

OCSkilit

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Do any of these apps allow for receipt photo syncronization with the register? My wife uses iOS and I use Android and need something similar to Expensify, but for personal finances with a check register.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary