Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Bible App for Android?

I have the YouVersion Bible, but there are times when I need a Bible in areas with poor data connections. I need something that stores the Bible on the phone, because YouVersion can take a long time, or fail completely, to load in these areas.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Best Bible App for Android?

Not sure of an app but if you can't find one, you could probably use one of the e-readers and download an e-book of it.

I use YouVersion too, it's great, but I agree it can be frustrating when you're not getting a good data signal. Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to easily find a downloadable version of a modern translation for free. Just browsing through the market though, it looks like Tecarta has a nice looking NIV downloadable version for $6, might be worth checking out.

ROM
    Something new!

I have used olivetree bible for many years. They have several free bibles and several bibles that you have to buy. You do have to download the reader outside the market, but all the bibles can be downloaded from inside the app.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

I have used the Olive Tree Biblereader on the BB and Android phones. Just type Olive Tree in the Android Market search. It will give you several choices of the Olive Tree reader with a free bible version already in the app, ie. KJV, NLT, NIV, or ESV.
    Thanked by:

Your not going to find a downloadable Bible but I recommend daily Bible. It gives you the word daily and its an complete Bible which will read the word or the complete bible to you like an audio book... there is a lot to this bible.

ROM
    Something new!

Quote Originally Posted by credo View Post
    I have used the Olive Tree Biblereader on the BB and Android phones. Just type Olive Tree in the Android Market search. It will give you several choices of the Olive Tree reader with a free bible version already in the app, ie. KJV, NLT, NIV, or ESV.
    Thanks for the update....I guess I've never shown an update in the market since I've been running it since it was a beta and have always installed it out of the market.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Nothing like having the Word of God on our phones.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    I have the YouVersion Bible, but there are times when I need a Bible in areas with poor data connections. I need something that stores the Bible on the phone, because YouVersion can take a long time, or fail completely, to load in these areas.

Any suggestions?
    Cadre is very good; has many translations.

i use an app called dailybible. it is in the market
    FANTASTIC ! !!!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks everyone!
    vor

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bigxie

Another vote for the Olive Tree Bible Reader. Been using their stuff since we had an old offline PDA 6+ years ago

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

I'll second Cadre Bible. I liked Olive Tree but Cadre Bible's feature set is of a very high order.

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Be patient, the only decent one is yet to come. I couldn't stand Olive Tree....myBible, aka PocketBible, aka Laridian is the only one, and they're done now with the port for the iDiots, so now it's Android time. But there are only two of them. This was far and away the only Bible in Palm land, and it'll be here. Eventually.
    Last edited by Zorro1; 08-19-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: correction

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzelbutt View Post
    I use T.I.N.G. and "What the Bible Says".

Congratulations on trolling on a thread clearly for those who value the bible. Post reported as violation of forum Terms of Service.

I'm another vote for Olive Tree. Saying one Bible is better than another is silly. It's all the same Bible. Now you may prefer one app and it's features over another, but that's different. For me it has to be easy to get to the books/verses I want and has to be easy to read. The Olive Tree app does both of those.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I'm another vote for Olive Tree. Saying one Bible is better than another is silly. It's all the same Bible. Now you may prefer one app and it's features over another, but that's different. For me it has to be easy to get to the books/verses I want and has to be easy to read. The Olive Tree app does both of those.
    I agree this is about Android Bible apps. I've used Olive Tree and it's okay. I'm just liking the advanced capabilities of the Cadre Bible software a bit more.

As to Laridian, when I was on Win Mobile Laridian was the gold standard. I look forward to seeing how they implement their programs on Android.

Another vote for Olive Tree! All my purchases I had on my Palm T3 were ported over to Android for free. That was kind of them. Now I can carry Wayne Grudem's great Systematic Theology around on my phone.

I use iSilo, which is cross platform (must be side loaded). Lots of free Bibles on memoware.com. Go to to check it out...

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Thanks G5:1. It IS for freedom that Christ set us free!!!!!!!!

Will check out iSilo for now, but that little i gives me pause....!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Cadrebible works great for me....doesn't have my version New American Bible, but has all other versions....fast too!

Quote Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
    Congratulations on trolling on a thread clearly for those who value the bible. Post reported as violation of forum Terms of Service.
    This isn't a bible forum, the description of the forum is:

"Android Applications Discuss applications you've found in the marketplace, a list of commonly used apps, read/write mini reviews, ask questions, and get answers."

I suggested two Android apps, don't like them? Don't use them.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
    How was this a violation? the post was removed I think cause I can't find it.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

The poster came onto a thread clearly about Android Bible Applications and recommended 2 apps that are both of atheist origin and both mock the Bible. That violates the TOS of the forum (harassing post, rude post). Hence the TOS violation, The moderators concurred and removed the post.

And judging by the newest post from that poster, he needs to read the TOS for Android Central forums.

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Tony, Cadre looks very interesting! That might be my work around until Laridian gets it done. (And they need to hope that it isn't better!) Lots of free choices to try out, so we'll see. Thanks for that, hadn't seen it before. The i_____...mentioned above is a no go. You have to buy the platform in order to see anything at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast