Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Navigation Icon (Blue) Disappeared

What happen to the built-in blue Navigation Icon? When maps updated, I lost that icon. Is there a way to get it back? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 07-11-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Default Re: Navigation Icon (Blue)

I had the same issue this morning. I called AT&T and went throught many trouble shooting techniques and nothing worked. Then they advised me to do a master reset and I told them I do not want to that. They then told me that's the only way. I read your forum and you mentioned when you upgraded your maps, thats when it happened. So, what I did was uninstall the maps application, then I restarted my phone and then it reappeared again Hope this helps!
    Thanked by:
    Rixx3 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks! This worked perfectly.

Priscilla,
    Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Navigation Icon (Blue) Disappeared

Any tips for someone who can't uninstall maps?

Anytime ...I'm glad it worked!

If you upgraded to the new version of maps, you should have the option to uninstall the update in the Application manager.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

I uninstalled the Maps update, and then restarted. But the Navigation icon looks different (it's larger) and the program doesn't look anything like it used to. Also, it keeps warning me that the program is in Beta. BTW, I am on a Sprint S3.

Help!
    Last edited by unitedorder; 07-11-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoJovi88 View Post
    Any tips for someone who can't uninstall maps?
    Just launch Maps, set up your route, and you'll see the little blue triangle there that lets you launch Navigation from within Maps. That's how it works after the update, everything is within Maps instead of under two separate icons.

But I've lost the options for speak vs enter destination by typing, and so on. It's a completely different program. It also doesn't keep a list of prior destinations.

EDIT:
    Nevermind. I found a free app called Scout by Telenav in the Sprint app store. It is a million times better for what I need. Thanks!!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by trwrt View Post
    Just launch Maps, set up your route, and you'll see the little blue triangle there that lets you launch Navigation from within Maps. That's how it works after the update, everything is within Maps instead of under two separate icons.
    I will try this later today, because of the original fix was temporary. Once, Maps updated, the Navigation Icon disappeared again. Thanks,

Navigation is, and always was, part of Maps; there was one app, with 2 icons (Latitude actually was a third icon for the same app). Now, they have removed the redundant Navigation icon. Search for your destination in maps, tap the car icon, then the card for directions, then tap the blue arrow for voice directions.
    Or, using Google Voice Search, say "Navigate to Starbucks," or "Navigate to 312 W Maple Street" and watch your phone take you where you want to go.
    Thanked by:
    akadoublej likes this.

Thanks Soooo much! That worked for me as well! I was so upset when it was missing and I had no idea what caused it because like twenty things updated while I slept last night!

Red face Re: Navigation Icon (Blue) Disappeared

This worked great! Thank you!!!!!

I uninstalled the updates for my maps. then the blue navigation icon came back

uninstall your map updates. then your blue nav icon will come back

Uninstalled updates to the regular "maps" app. The blue arrow navigation app then popped backed up in the list! Thanks!

it worked for me as well; however, I lost my previously entered addresses. How can I restore that list?

when I put in the address, tap the car .... no Blue arrow. is there actual goal to keep this from being intuitive or user friendly?

I uninstalled the map updates and it WAS back. BUT
    This morning I noticed a notification that maps was updated automatically and the navigation icon is gone again!
    How annoying! Played around and found out there is another step to keep the fix permanent!
    This was on my HTC one running stock Jelly Bean
    Updated my blog post with the fix...
    The link for the updated fix!!!
    Simple fix for blue triangle Google navigation app mysteriously disappearing

Same for me on a Droid DNA. No blue navigation icon appears after clicking on the car. Navigate to <insert location> from the Google search widget works great however.
    Last edited by akadoublej; 07-20-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Smile Re: Navigation Icon (Blue) Disappeared

Thanks so much for this post!

I got it working without having to resort to an earlier version. I first had to pick one of the suggested routes in Google maps, then magically the blue navigation icon appeared.

Exactly...I was wondering where in this post someone would point out that Google Maps IS the navigation program now. I always thought it odd that the two were not combined previously. The upgrade consolidates the two.

Medion E4002 - 4" screen - Android 4.1.1

With the updated Maps I couldn't see a way to select destination from my existing Contacts. Maybe I didn't look hard enough??? Anything that bypasses typing with those minuscule on-screen keyboard buttons is good for me. My hands ain't built for that.

Anyway, I chose to uninstall Updates, after which I was asked if I wanted to replace the current version with the factory version.

After agreeing to that offer the blue arrow reappeared, everything looks the way it used to, and I can again select destination from Contacts.

Just wish it would allow me to do stuff while it's getting location/GPS info, which sometimes can take a while. Any attempt to do something else while "Waiting for location" results in a dialog asking if you want to "Exit navigation?", And you only have two choices: Cancel or OK. PITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Soporose View Post
    Medion E4002 - 4" screen - Android 4.1.1
    Anyway, I chose to uninstall Updates, after which I was asked if I wanted to replace the current version with the factory version.

After agreeing to that offer the blue arrow reappeared, everything looks the way it used to, and I can again select destination from Contacts.
    Unfortunately it keeps stuffing up again by repeating the update.

Any way to prevent that? Looked through settings and couldn't find anything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast