Ignore call with SMS app?

pizzachef

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
My Treo 755p had this feature built in. When someone was calling, there was a button on the screen to ignore and send a text. Then I got a Hero, and it has a similar function, when its ringing, you press menu and get a list of options, one of which is to send an SMS.

The stock Android phone app on the Moment doesn't have this feature, and I've seen a couple apps in the market that can send some stock, pre-written responses, but they don't seem to work. Right now I'm trying PhonePlus, but you can't change any of the settings with the free/intro version, and even the full version can only send some pre-determined messages when someone is calling.

Is there an app that just puts an "Ignore call and send SMS" button on the ringing screen? Right now I suppose I just have to press the End button to ignore the call, then wake up the phone and go to the SMS app manually. It would just be nice to have a built in button.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My last four Palm phones (3 Treos and a Centro) had this. I used it a lot for "In a meeting. Will call back later" type replies. It was great. The call apps on my Droid seems to be lacking. I'd like better ability to manage the call log, the phone screen (it drops the number pad on a call, so typing passcodes and such takes a few more steps. It also does not automatically start searching for a contact up on typing. you have to click the search function.

While on the search function, it does not recognize partial names. For instance, put in the first two letters of a first name, space and then start the last name and the phone does not recognize the names. Type the full first name and then start the last name and it does.

canonfaz

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Any update on this? I looked at PhonePlus (thanked) its seems ok, but it looks kinda cheesy and I just need something simple to reply to an incoming call. If there is nothing adequate out there I might consider making a simple app myself to do this.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
The menu, and all other buttons don't do anything when my Moto Droid wakes for an incoming call.

Autoresponder is a simple free app. The developer wants it as simple as possible. I emailed him with a silent button request. He responded right away, however said it was outside the scope of his app.

Autoresponder replies with SMS to incoming calls and SMS. It has seven customizable message choices. I just tested it for responding even though I decline the call. It must reply on the first ring.
Works more towards times you don't want to be disturbed, not every call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret