Tasker - Let's Contribute Profiles

acsnapper

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
- some other ideas how to hack, workaround, create a better flow in my profiles to avoid interruptions in those 10-15 seconds while the tablet's charger is cut off by the car, when the car;s engine starts up.

Perhaps you can add a delay of a few seconds to the "power off" profile, and then recheck the power state. If power is still not on, continue with your "power off" tasks.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I tried something similar to this, but I had one issue with it. I could not toggle WiFi. Well I could, but Tasker would quickly switch it back. I'd like for Tasker to turn WiFi on when I get home, but yet I'd like the freeedom to toggle it on & off. Does anyone have any ideas of how to add the feature to leave the setting alone if toggled?

I have no problems toggling Wi-Fi On/Off with a Wi-Fi On/Off profiles(using cell near contex).

🙈🙉🙊

1miracle2

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
For state power on (charging any) do the following tasks:

1. Disable keyguard
2. Issue a play command to the media app, only if music is not playing already (will come back why I need this latter on) - now I'm using Media Utilities plugin with Smart play (which should do that but it doesn't :D ... sometimes it sends the play even if the music is already playing, or will send the play command to the built-in media player instead to JetAudio which is the default set media player in android and in media utilities)
3. Turn GPS on, using now secure settings plugin - works great
4. Turn Bluetooth on - works

For State Power off (not charging any) do the following:
1. Turn keyguard on (enable)
2. Wait 12 seconds
3. IF keyguard on >>>
3.1 Stop media (using tasker built in media actions)
3.2 Disable GPS (secure settings plugin)
3.3 Disable bluetooth
3.4 System Lock
4 END IF

New here but I have a similar set up.
Not sure if you have received the help you needed or found a solution.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9" in my DodgeRAM.
Any how I have mine set up as such.
I have an older video w/an older tasker set up but it worked as well then, https://www.youtube.com/user/1miracle2/videos
Plus I have tweaked a couple things here and there.

Power Any+Docked Any=Turn BT On.
Exit Task=Auto Brightness Off > Media Volume 3 > Go Home > Wait 3 sec > System Lock > KeyGaurd On > Stay On Never

Next
BT Connected(DeviceID)= SecureSetting: Keep Display On AC USB > AutoBrightness Off > KeyGaurd Off > Wait 1 sec > Display Brightness 255 > Wait 1 sec > Media Vol 12
Exit Task=BT Off

Then I have another profile that if it's Fri-Sun+BT Connected Task running+Connected to BT tether device= Launch TuneIn App.
So w/this set up if BT=Off, it starts the Exit Task of the first Profile.

I have not noticed too many issues except for some times there is a delay in unlocking my tablet. I chalk that up to the tablet's limited 1.2dual core. Plus I bought it used and I had another 8.9" that worked better but that one was only WiFi. This one is an ATT model, I don't have the $$ right now though to pay for data so I tether off my work phone. :)

edoardopost

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I made a tasker profile to show inspirational quotes every hour on home screen.
For this I made a text file containing more than 100 quotes, each seperated by "/" for seperating and identifying an individual quote.
Then picking up any quote randomly and pushing it to "Minimalistic Text" tasker plugin.
For displaying on screen I used "Minimalistic Text".
Step: 1
Create a text file with some quotes/jokes etc etc , each quote separated by a ?/?
Example:
/Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. ?Napoleon Hill
/Your time is limited, so don?t waste it living someone else?s life. ?Steve Jobs
/Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. ?Albert Einstein
/Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ?Robert Frost
/The common question that gets asked in business is, ?why?? That?s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ?why not?? -Jeffrey Bezos
/You miss 100% of the shots you don?t take. ?Wayne Gretzky

Step: 2
TASKER CONFIGURATION
Create the following variables in the Tab Var:
1. %Insptext
2. %Insprandom
3. %Insptextno
4. %Inspsugg
Create Profile: Insp Quotes
State: Battery Level [From:20 To:100 ]
Time: From 06:35 Till 22:35 // discarding sleep times
Enter: Insp Quotes
A1: Perform Task Name: Inspiration
A2: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:0 Hours:1 Days:0 ]
A3: Goto [ Type:Action Number Number:1 ]

Create Task Inspiration
A1: Read File [ File:/sdcard/Download/insp.txt To Var:%Insptext ]
A2: Variable Split [Name: %Insptext Splitter:/ ]
A3: Variable Set [ Name:%Insprandom To:%Insptext(#)]
A4: Variable Randomize [ Name:%Insptextno Min:1 Max:%Insprandom ]
A5: Variable Set [ Name:%Inspsugg To:%Insptext(%Insptextno)]
A6: Minimalistic Text [Configuration:insp = %Inspsugg ]

MINIMALISTIC TEXT CONFIGURATION
Choose a widget 4 x 2
Add Locale Variable - VARIABLE NAME: insp
Style: Default
Tap Behavior: Check the checkbox, Disable action on tap
You are done !!

Awesome work !
Id' like to send one or more sms with a random quote from the list to one or multiple cell number...But how to to do that ? It is possible ?Could you help me please ? Thanks in advance... :)

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I see some SMS related profiles, but I have so far been unable to figure out how to do what I want. My weakness seems to be on the task front.

I recently purchased an alarm system, and I will receive an SMS message if my smoke detector is triggered. Without changing the gentle alert for the other SMS messages I may receive, I would like a more urgent tone and volume if I receive a text from a specific sender.

The event seems very straight forward to me... but I don't know how to construct a task to raise the volume and play a sound several times, and then return things to normal.

What would be the best way to play a series of loud obnoxious sounds?

EDIT: OK, I figured out "Play Ringtones" will work for me... but now the question becomes, how do I shut off the playing of the ring tone once I have been adequately alerted?

Last edited:

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: OK, I figured out "Play Ringtones" will work for me... but now the question becomes, how do I shut off the playing of the ring tone once I have been adequately alerted?

Maybe trying "Music Stop" under "Media" would do the trick? And if you're looking to play the ringtone multiple times, you should be able to create a loop using IF, GOTO, and Variable actions I think.

Cheers!

Beachdingo

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Great thread, I have a question. I am wanting to design a profile to receive a notification when my filter on a buy'n'sell website (gumtree) is met, ie a new entry (say a car) pops up that meets my exact specifications set on the sites app. Is there any possible way of setting this up? I assume no, but gee it would be handy. I assume if tasker could allow the app to run in the background and refresh every 20mins and when a new entry is added a notification sent?

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Great thread, I have a question. I am wanting to design a profile to receive a notification when my filter on a buy'n'sell website (gumtree) is met, ie a new entry (say a car) pops up that meets my exact specifications set on the sites app. Is there any possible way of setting this up? I assume no, but gee it would be handy. I assume if tasker could allow the app to run in the background and refresh every 20mins and when a new entry is added a notification sent?

I'm thinking there's probably not. I think Tasker works best with inputs from your device. It won't know of data within a website I don't think.

≠=======≠
Cheers!

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
So has anyone without a Do Not Disturb mode on their phone (HTC One - which I'm rockin' - is supposedly introducing the feature in Sense 5.5) come up with a good profile to essentially mimic that functionality? I came up with something, but it's nowhere near perfect. Mine uses a Time-based Context set from between midnight and 8am (I don't get to work until 9), and the task is set to run on weekdays (i.e., not Saturday or Sunday) and basically 1) switches off Silent Mode, 2) sets the Ringer volume to 4, 3) sets the Vibrate On Ringer setting to Off, and 4) sets the Notification Volume to 0. It works great as far as blocking tones from texts, emails, etc. throughout the sleeping hours, but one thing I hated was having to individually switch off the Vibrate notification for all of my apps so that the phone wouldn't buzz during that time. (No other setting(s) would allow me to switch off Vibrate from within Tasker.)

Anyways, just curious if anyone has tried being creative with their own version of DnD?

harpua1982

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
For listening to music I use Google play music so I can stream my entire music library. I usually just hit shuffle and go. The problem I have with the shuffle feature is that songs that tend to go together usually get broken up when songs are put into a shuffle. For example,with Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album, all songs merge together. You may want to hear "On the Run" immediately follow "Breathe" when it shows up in the shuffle without having to edit the que. With bands like phish and grateful dead, this sort of thing happens all the time, especially in their live recordings.

Normally I notate that a song is about to merge (or segue) into the next song on the album with a ">" (greater than) symbol in the metadata. To me, that greater than sign is more like an arrow pointing to the next song on the album, letting me know that those two songs will merge together. This ">" symbol is widely recognized by "deadheads" and phish/jamband fans alike, as it has been scribbled on bootleg tape covers dating back to the 60s and 70s, so it's not just a method that I've created for recognizing songs that segue into each other. So, the Pink Floyd example I mentioned earlier would look like this: "Breathe >".

I was wondering if it was possible to create a tasker profile that will automatically add the next song in that album (this case, "On the Run") to the next song in the que without erasing the rest of the que. So in short, while creating a shuffle playlist inside Google Play Music, if "Breathe >" appears in the shuffle, "On the Run" will immediately follow it.

I was also wondering if it was possible to effectively omit certain songs from showing up in a shuffle by way of Tasker. Those of you who listen to the same type of music should know how annoying it is when a set "Intro" or "crowd" shows up in a shuffle. These are what I call "throwaway" tracks. Sure, you can manually delete these from the que or you could even completely delete it from your music library. I do not want to delete these tracks b/c when I'm listening to a live show/recording, it's nice to have those tracks in there...just not in a shuffle.

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for help with my first tasker profile. I drive extended limousines. I often take destinations from the customer at the right rear door while I am letting him in the vehicle. When I get to the front, I send the destination from my android into my Garmin by using Garmin's SmartPhone Link App. It allows the garmin and my Galaxy S4 to connect to each other by bluetooth. The problem I have is after being in the vehicle for 6 or more hours, the bluetooth connection really drains my battery. I dont have the time to keep plugging my phone in and unplugging it everytime i enter and exit the vehicle.

What I would like to do is everytime I run my smartphone link app, it will turn on bluetooth and pair it to my garmin. When I exit the smartphone app it will shut off blue tooth and unpair it from my garmin. My Galaxy S4 is not rooted. Is this possible? Any help writing this would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

Ricky Dos Santos

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, just joined here.

I'm new to Tasker but having tons of fun with it. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to make a particular task (maybe it can't be done...?). My work schedule is not always consistent and I get home late since I'm a bartender. I want to create a "Bedtime Mode", so that when I am going to bed my phone silences notifcations, media, and dims the display (which I know how to do). The trouble I am having with this profile is that I want it to trigger after a certain amount of time after specific events on my calendar. For example, if I have on my calendar "Work from 5pm-1am", I want "Bedtime Mode" to be triggered at 2:30am because that is about when I will get to bed. Then if I am working the next day from 3pm-11pm, I don't want "Bedtime Mode" to be triggered at 2:30am, but instead at anther time such as 1am. Is it possible to create a profile that triggers tasks when certain calender events are over?

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for help with my first tasker profile. I drive extended limousines. I often take destinations from the customer at the right rear door while I am letting him in the vehicle. When I get to the front, I send the destination from my android into my Garmin by using Garmin's SmartPhone Link App. It allows the garmin and my Galaxy S4 to connect to each other by bluetooth. The problem I have is after being in the vehicle for 6 or more hours, the bluetooth connection really drains my battery. I dont have the time to keep plugging my phone in and unplugging it everytime i enter and exit the vehicle.

What I would like to do is everytime I run my smartphone link app, it will turn on bluetooth and pair it to my garmin. When I exit the smartphone app it will shut off blue tooth and unpair it from my garmin. My Galaxy S4 is not rooted. Is this possible? Any help writing this would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

I think you should be able to accomplish this with Tasker. Here's my take on what might work (since I had some time to kill).

Steps:
1) Open up Tasker, select the Profiles tab, and tap the "+" to create a new Context (i.e., a condition that will determine whether or not the profile is active), and choose the "Application" option
2) On the next screen ("App Selection"), find and tap the Garmin's SmartPhone Link app and then tap the < at the top left of the screen. (On the next screen, the new profile will probably be named the same as the app.)
3) On the next screen and the little popup that appears, scroll down until you get to the top of the window, and tap "New Task".
4) Under "New Task Name", enter "BluetoothOn" and hit the checkmark to save.
5) On the "Task Edit" screen, hit the "+" at the bottom of the screen to add an Action.
6) For the "Action Category", choose "Net"; on the Select Net Action screen, choose "Bluetooth" - (click OK on the message about "setting" if it appears)
7) Tap the "Off" option under "Set", and then tap "On" - (this is basically telling Tasker that whenever the Garmin app open and in view, bluetooth should be on); Tap the "<" at the top left of the screen
8) Tap the "<" at the top left of the screen again
9) Done. You should see the Garmin SmartPhone profile listed under the "Profiles" tab, with a green arrow pointing right at the "BluetoothOn" task created under the Profile.

** Note - One thing that's assumed with the profile above: your phone, when bluetooth is activated, will auto-pair with your Garmin, without it having to be manually selected. If it will not, the profile might not work.

Once you switch away from the SmartPhone Link app (and not just exit it), the profile will automagically shut your bluetooth down. Keep that in mind.

Hope this helps. I tried it very briefly and it worked for me, but as in all things, YMMV. :)

Last edited:

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, just joined here.

I'm new to Tasker but having tons of fun with it. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to make a particular task (maybe it can't be done...?). My work schedule is not always consistent and I get home late since I'm a bartender. I want to create a "Bedtime Mode", so that when I am going to bed my phone silences notifcations, media, and dims the display (which I know how to do). The trouble I am having with this profile is that I want it to trigger after a certain amount of time after specific events on my calendar. For example, if I have on my calendar "Work from 5pm-1am", I want "Bedtime Mode" to be triggered at 2:30am because that is about when I will get to bed. Then if I am working the next day from 3pm-11pm, I don't want "Bedtime Mode" to be triggered at 2:30am, but instead at anther time such as 1am. Is it possible to create a profile that triggers tasks when certain calender events are over?

Welcome to the site, Ricky. Looking at what you're trying to accomplish, I'm not sure if it would work but here's an idea. Maybe instead of relying on calendar entries, set up an alarm clock labeled "Work_Shift_Done", and set the alarm to fire at the time your shift is over. Then trigger your profile based on that alarm.

Since you're familiar with Tasker, I'll just bulletpoint how I think the setup might work that way -

New Tasker profile:
- "Event" Context
- "Event" Category = "Date/Time"
- "Date/Time" Event = "Alarm Clock"
- Alarm Clock "Label" = "Work_Shift_Done"

New Task for the Profile:
========================
Action #1:
- "Task" Action = "Wait"
- "Wait" Action - Hours = "2"

Action #2:
- "Audio" Action = "Notification Volume"
- "Notification Volume" - Level = "0"

Action #3:
- "Audio" Action = "Vibrate On Notify" (assuming this is an option for your phone; for the HTC One it isn't, and to stop the *buzz* for notifications for it, the notification vibrate switch has to be disabled on individual apps)
- "Vibrate On Notify" - Set = "Off"

Action #4:
- "Display" Action = "Display Brightness"
- "Display Brightness" - Level = *whatever you choose - lower value = more dim*
========================

When the alarm goes off, the profile will start and after a couple hours will start to initiate the bedtime mode stuff - dimming the screen, etc. (Of course you'd probably need to set up a separate profile to revert the bedtime mode changes as well.) I'm not sure what kind of toll a profile with a Wait task of 2 hours will have on your phone's battery, so you might want to consider the worst before you decide to take this suggested approach.

Anyways, hope this gives you some ideas about how to get things working for ya! Good luck!

prophet_dc

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
hey guys,
new to posting on the forum but loving tasker. changed my life :-D. best app ever. i would pay 40$ for it...

so i need some help from you tasker fans.

the setup:
s3 i9300
cyanogenmod 10.2 [android 4.3.1]
tasker 4.2u3m

i have 2 homescreens.
homescreen1: is used for some widgets and shortcuts.
homescreen2 [default]: remains empty of all the clutter. i like viewing my background with nothing else on the screen.

2 pages in the dock.
dock page1: folders & shortcuts.
dock page2 [default]: empty. i like viewing my background with nothing else on the screen :-]

so the empty homescreen & dock page are set as the default. so that when i press the home button it gives me a clear screen. to view my background in all its splendor. assuming i have no apps open.

now, what i want to try figure out is the following;

cyanogenmod has an 'expanded desktop' feature. it hides the notifications panel.
so what i'm trying to do is that when i press the home button while viewing the homescreens, it obviously returns me to my default homescreen & dock page, which are empty, but then it needs to enable the 'expanded desktop' feature for homescreen 2 so that the notification panel hides.
giving me an all clear screen to view the background image.

then when i swipe back to homescreen 1 it disables the 'expanded desktop'.

any ideas??

prophet_dc

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
hey guys,
new to posting on the forum but loving tasker. changed my life :-D. best app ever. i would pay 40$ for it...

so i need some help from you tasker fans.

the setup:
s3 i9300
cyanogenmod 10.2 [android 4.3.1]
tasker 4.2u3m

i have 2 homescreens.
homescreen1: is used for some widgets and shortcuts.
homescreen2 [default]: remains empty of all the clutter. i like viewing my background with nothing else on the screen.

2 pages in the dock.
dock page1: folders & shortcuts.
dock page2 [default]: empty. i like viewing my background with nothing else on the screen :-]

so the empty homescreen & dock page are set as the default. so that when i press the home button it gives me a clear screen. to view my background in all its splendor. assuming i have no apps open.

now, what i want to try figure out is the following;

cyanogenmod has an 'expanded desktop' feature. it hides the notifications panel.
so what i'm trying to do is that when i press the home button while viewing the homescreens, it obviously returns me to my default homescreen & dock page, which are empty, but then it needs to enable the 'expanded desktop' feature for homescreen 2 so that the notification panel hides.
giving me an all clear screen to view the background image.

then when i swipe back to homescreen 1 it disables the 'expanded desktop'.

any ideas??

so just to update.i found the following and created a task which toggles the notification bar to be hidden or visible.

task > + > plugin > secure settings > config > expand desktop > on/off/toggle

i've assigned this toggle to a tasker shortcut with a fairly discreet icon on the homescreen that i wanted clear of all clutter....

now just to get the toggle to work whenever i switch homescreens....

guttyla

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I created one that when I am in my office and someone comes in and won't leave...if I turn the phone on its side it will automatically call my office line...this way I can say "excuse me, I need to take this call"....and then I'm free.

I set it up based on orientation and being near cell tower.

I'm a fairly mild user so I think it is easy to set up if you read this post...if you want to know how I did it ask here and I'll post

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781